New 2017 FJR Announced, Raven it is!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sooooo glad it's not red again. I'm trying to hold off until the next major change but regardless, the next time it is red, my checking account is dead! I've never had so many people fawn over any motorcycle I have ever owned.

I'm glad that it is not Black Cherry or Dark Red. I already told my wife that I am going to trade in my 2015 FJR if/when Yamaha offers the FJR in Black Cherry or Dark Red. I just bought the 2015 so the "Raven" means that I get to ride the 2015 for at least a year. So, what color will the 2018 FJR be?

Is "Raven" a flat black, or is it like the metallic black the Europe recently got? (Edit: Blah!, nevermind...I watched the video a page back. Non-metallic.)

FJR1300_05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back when we got our 2014's, the advertisements made it look like it also was silver in that same spot. It turned out to be a reflection and it was actually black.

Just got email from Mother Yamaha announcing 2017 lineup. 2017 FJR ES is listed. The "A" model was not.

Edited: Can always add is later I suppose. I find it odd that it is still offered elsewhere though (thought it was still available in Canada?).

You guys remember how ABS was optional in 2004 and 2005, and then in 2006, it wasn't. Could this be the same progression? I have no idea, but maybe...

You guys remember how ABS was optional in 2004 and 2005, and then in 2006, it wasn't. Could this be the same progression? I have no idea, but maybe...
I'm not sure how I feel about that until I hear all the great things the aftermarket guys will do to freshen up the front forks and rear shocks on the ES bikes.

Plus, I only have 20k miles on my 13, so I will be with that bike for a good long while (knocking on wood, vigorously).

I like it! But then again, I like all of the model yrs for the most part. Black/Raven hasn't been around since they made my '09A, so it's it's time in the Que...........

I need to get one, but not right away. I always thought I'd get another when they were black again and I had wore out mine. At 111K miles, mine won't be giving up anytime soon, but who knows, I'll look at them when the '18s come out & see if there are any deals.

At least they didn't do that friggin' blue color again!

At least they didn't do that friggin' GREAT blue color again!
Nope...that was the 2016. The Raven 2017's are just leftover 2015's from Canada
rolleyes.gif
Naw, I had it right the first time regardless of any fancy lining out. 2016, really? It could have been 2005, 2006, or even 2012 IIRC.

And I was trying to figger a way to get one of them 2015 from Canada; they get all the good stuff first!