New EOM Participants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leedavis

Reaction score
This season's EOM is situated in some of the most beautiful country the Appalachian Mountains have to offer with breathtaking views and magnificent forests. Of particular interest to us FJR riders are the roads which emphasis the sport aspect of sport touring.

If you haven't traveled these mountains you'll see roads like you've never seen. You might think you already know about twisties but you don't - not like this. I've explored the area for years and now live here but still have "moments" of the unexpected. The blind, reduced radius right hander, the fifth switchback in the series of esses, the gravel in the curve, the oncoming cager half in your lane can all ruin your day.

There are a number of very expert FJR drivers. When I ride with someone faster than me I let them go on and they wait at the next safe stopping point for me to catch up. The same is true for all EOM's I've attended so don't intimidate yourself into pushing past your limits. White knuckle riding is not enjoyable and no good can come of it. The challenges are great fun for all levels, from novice to expert, just ride your own ride and allow a reasonable margin for error.

Everybody wants everybody to end their EOM adventure with a smile on their face remembering one of the best motorcycle venues in America.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree wholeheartedly with your cautions. I try to preach that to every rider that comes to any gathering I announce. Be aware...Be careful...Be safe...Have fun.

For sure, alot of these roads aren't for newbs... not just a newb to the FJR, either. There are some seriously tight mountain roads in this area & it's not novice material. Be sure to ride your own ride & take your time.

BTW Lee, I have some routing put together for a waterfall ride. Please PM me your email address. I'd like to send it to you for critiquing. You know the area a lot better than I do & sure you could make routing suggestions.