new helmet on the way

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05fjrBluedevil

Reaction score
Well I was looking for a new helmet and thought I found one, so i bought it and was just waiting for it to arrive....

hook.jpg
good deal but 06 model...

i asked and they said other than paint it was the same and coming in a 2 bills not bad....

Well then I check for that tracking number , not there... I call them! oh that did not ship so want sometihng else?

maybe we can discount it. i said well I would be okay with this for the same price!

Eagle.jpg

Well he says ok, I can do that. So up a year nicer graphics, still older than the new one.... but cool beans...

Now, :rolleyes: i just have to wait and see if it actually ships and I get that tracking number......

shark-rsx.jpg

shark-rsx-side.jpg

shark-rsx-rear.jpg

shark-rsx-rear-2.jpg

shark-rsx-top.jpg

shark-rsx-chin-vent.jpg

shark-rsx-chin-vent-2.jpg

shark-rsx-top-vent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the helmet arrived today.... very light.... lighter by 3 oz than the rf1000 I had, looks well made and cost me less than half of the shoei preice and imo looks so much nicer... Now I can not wait to /feel/hear the difference....got the dark tint shield as well... suppose to be easy to change them out so only time will tell, the shield is 3mm thick......the vent system seems so much easier to operate, just push and the chin vent pops open and closed spring loaded and the rear vent just roll the wheel and it opens ans closes.... Can not wait to see if the fog free shield actually works because my badge was terrible and even the pin lock stopped working after 6 months......

Well the helmet arrived yesterday. looks great, very light, I could tell there was a difference between the weight of it and my rf1000, while just holding the two. I road to work today in the cool misty condition here in louisville today. The visor is clear and the view is sharp... I snapped off the clear visor and snapped on the tinted visor, very easy to do... then for the ride in this morning, I put the clear back on.

First thing I noticed was although it fogged a little toward the top off to the sides it was more like mositure to me and I cracked the visor and it quickly went away. I did not wear ear plugs this morning or listen to any music,

I waiting to see if my neck bothers me, I should know in a few hours, but I can say I almost could not tell it was there, if it were as quiet as the shoei rf1000. Then I would not have noticed, other than the few mist sprinkles on the visor.

The vents were easy to operate, but I left them closed...I will see how it feel on the way home. With the windshield up just a bit the helmet seemed fine as far as noise, but of course the back pressure was noticeable just like every other helmet I have tried on the fjr. Only way not to get back pressure is no helmet and I just prefer not to ride that way.

no neck issues... so it is a keeper for me....