New Kid on the Block...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Portland, love riding in your area.

Super13, Lost Coast Highway? My buddy and I call that the road that shall not be named, or fork seal killer. If we're thinking the same road it's the roughest road I've ever ridden. Also called Mattole road.

There are several new names from around here--including the ones on this thread, so welcome to all of you. Maybe one of these days one of us will organize a local ride. We used to do that more, but some of the locals moved on to 3- and 4-wheels and we kind of lost the habit. But all it takes is a post a couple days in advance titled "Sacramento Area--Let's Ride to ____ Saturday" and people will show up.

Mattole Road is a low-speed, bumpy, hilly and curvy road that weaves between the potholes along the coast from Ferndale south. There are miles and miles of it if you continue south toward Shelter Cove, or you can cut inland and climb up through the redwoods by the Avenue of the Giants on 101. Slow, fun road, super scenic. And NO traffic, always a plus. I've been over it in the summer when the fog was so thick you couldn't see 50 yards, and you might be under constant armed surveillance from the pot growers, so I'd advise against hikes or picnics. From what I've heard, anyway. Anyway, a lot of it isn't all potholes and patches, but that's definitely something you remember about it.

Welcome Jimmy… From Calaveras County. I do most of my riding here in the Sierra foothills. From Mariposa up to Tahoe… Haven’t been below 1000 foot elevation with my 2005 FJR since I bought it several years ago. So far all of my rides have been day trips… Hard to find time to do more than that right now… PM me sometime maybe we can link up for a ride.

Attachments

• 695A807C-0BEC-4A8A-BB7A-19C5073CF4BC.jpeg
    695A807C-0BEC-4A8A-BB7A-19C5073CF4BC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3