New seat for the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happens when it rains?...
Gasp!!!! You mean you ride in the rain? Next thing I suppose you will be saying is that you ride on dirt roads and would get the cover dirty too. Even if someone were to live and ride in a nearly zero rain state like AZ the black color would be user unfriendly in the summer.

There are some here on this Forum that will think that it is pointless to ride a sheepskin burroskin unless the sheep burro is still in it.
Fixed.

WOW! I never knew there were so many options. I am glad the airhawk suits my needs for now.
Do you have any issues with the Airhawk when you are in the twisties?

I would think with the air pockets changing pressure and size it might feel swishy or not stable.

"What happens when it rains?"

What is rain?

https://www.westernaustralia.com/en/Pages/Attraction.aspx?pid=9001806

Cover is available, plastic shopping bag will do.

"Even if someone were to live and ride in a nearly zero rain state like AZ the black color would be user unfriendly in the summer."

Best thing about them is how cool they are in the heat compared to vinyl or leather.

Regards

Surly

:ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! I never knew there were so many options. I am glad the airhawk suits my needs for now.
Do you have any issues with the Airhawk when you are in the twisties?

I would think with the air pockets changing pressure and size it might feel swishy or not stable.
I have a Rick Mayer seat on my '08 that I consider a 500 miler seat but the next 50 can be painful so on my cross continent/province/state trips where the day may be stretched, I take along the airhawk which takes up little room in the topcase when rolled up. I have minimal air in the airhawk, just enough to give the "cheeks" some extra support. The royal derriere is minimally lifted off the seat so in the twisties, a minor weight shift brings me back in full contact with the seat. On my '03, I had a Rich's (Seattle) seat that absolutely competed with the best Russell puts out IMHO. It was a stop for gas seat and keep on trucking. Like the Russell, it didn't give much of an option for shifting for twisties but boy was it comfortable for the long day(s) ride. The Mayer is more suited to riding where the occasional weight shift keeps things lively.