Next Thing to get for the bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Morrison

Retired Postal Worker
Reaction score
Well I think I got all the fun things that I need at this time for the bike....

I will now be thinking about getting rid of the stock seat, not that its all that bad... I've had worse on other bikes....

This is about as bad as asking about OIL........

What seat will give you the more bang for the bucks???????

Get a Russell. Don't mess around with it, just go Russell and be done with it.
Gunny. You won't regret it, and you'll save money in the long run by not buying a Corbin or Sargeant or something first only to eventually get a Russell

Get a Russell. Don't mess around with it, just go Russell and be done with it.
Gunny. You won't regret it, and you'll save money in the long run by not buying a Corbin or Sargeant or something first only to eventually get a Russell

Or you could be like me. Get a Sargent seat which was better than stock but hurt my butt after two hours. So you could sell the Sargent and have your stock seat redone by a local seat shop and have you butt hurt after 3 hours. Then you could do a ride in appointment at Russell and have Mike build you the most heaven sent perch your hind end has ever felt. Ride for hours and absolutely no discomfort. Don't be like me... get the Russell first thing. It's by far the best farkle on my bike and well worth the $.

Ya tell me about that one. For the other bike I bought a Mustang seat then turned around and went with a full Venture Button/tuck seat... Thats nice...

I have a Corbin Saddle. It is hard as concrete, but its very contoured to my "seat". There is no pressure on my tail bone. The seat causes me to slide forward and my "buddies" get squashed between me and the gas tank.

Everyone swears by Russel seats. If my Corbin ever where's out, I'm gonna look into the Russels.

If you are like me unable to get a Russel seat custom built because I live downunder try an airhawk and sheepskin It works for me even on 16 hour rides . Footpeg vibration now that's another thing

I followed the others here who recommended the Russell which is not cheap, but I can tell you it was well worth the investment.

If your not in too much of a rush for a new saddle, the past two years there were group buys here for russell seats in the fall. The list for the seats was maxed out within a week or so. Then russell builds the seats over the fall/winter slow months.

I believe it saved me 30% off retail getting in on the group buy.