no start.... please help if you can

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just took the starter back off and tested again. It is drawing >70 amps unloaded. That is no good. Drawing > 100 amps on the bike. I don't think is turning fast enough to start the bike.
Anyone have a starter laying around?
I'll check the stash and see what I've got. I know I have some but I'm not sure if any are ready to ship.
Ray, I think I have fresh rebuilt by you laying around. If you don't have one I'll find and ship it out.

Just took the starter back off and tested again. It is drawing >70 amps unloaded. That is no good. Drawing > 100 amps on the bike. I don't think is turning fast enough to start the bike.
I'll check the stash and see what I've got. I know I have some but I'm not sure if any are ready to ship.
Ray, I think I have fresh rebuilt by you laying around. If you don't have one I'll find and ship it out.
That would be awesome!

That would be awesome!
go for it and I'll get another one ready for you.

That would be awesome!
go for it and I'll get another one ready for you.
MR. FYB Don is going to ship the one he has to you. Send me her old one and there won't be any charge for the fresh one. I want to do an autopsy and see where the problem is as it should have lasted longer

Will do. Bob, PM w shipping info. Nice of you Ray to cover the cost for autopsy. I bench tested the new re-built and it draws ~30 amps on a 10 second run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather positive news? The kindness around here gives me the chills... as in it makes my nipples hard.

Rather positive news? The kindness around here gives me the chills... as in it makes my nipples hard.
Ummm, hard nipples, me likee!
punk.gif

Thank you Don. May I offer shipping cost? Paypal?

Last edited by a moderator: