Nor-Cal Ride 16.17th and 18th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure yet, but I might go up to Red Bluff on Thursday night and meet at Denny's there.Haven't made a reservation for Thursday night yet. Just talking it over with Terri.

We will not be going to Red Bluff on Thursday.

Hey Steve, what time to meet in Marysville?

I need to plan what time to leave Solano Baking Co. at Dixon.

the 3 amigos from so cal,fairlainer,mcride and djbill will be there to suck up all the sc and coke,reservations made.

CAJW: it looks like Steve did not post a meet time only an eat time.
So how about 7:30 to 8:00 am and kickstands up at 8:05 am. And who ever is talking can finish their conversation and leave at ththeir own time and meet us in Redbluff:

Not trying to steal your thread Steve only a suggestd meet and leave time feel free to change.

I will be there at 7:30 am
:eek: There meaning the Marysville Chevron, leaving at 0805? If so I'll need to be rolling outa bed around 0330. :eek: If I was Old Michael this wouldn't be a problem, but there's only ONE Old Michael. I might re-think that unless you mean leaving Sacto at 0805, which I could make.
John, last year we met a little later in Yuba City.

Elk Grove-Yuba City: 57 miles/1 hour

Yuba City -Red Bluff: 87 miles/1 1/2 hours

Red Bluff-Yreka (Hwy 3): 210 miles/4+ hours. Add stop time and photo ops and we're still in Yreka in time for check in/shower and dinner at the Black Bear Diner across the street.

If there are those who are going to leave "uber-early", you can meet me in Elk Grove and we'll head North from here. If not through Yuba City, perhaps I-5 to Woodland, 113 North to Knights Landing, then Hwy 45 North to Hamilton City, 32 East to 99 in Chico and North to Red Bluff.

I vote we wait for Steve to set a meet time @ Yuba City Chevron and plan from that data. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Remembering the cluster @#$% at dinner last time in Fortuna maybe the organizer should make reservations once the head count is known. :rolleyes:

We were going to make reservations last year but the desk clerk at the hotel said they didn't take reservations.

When we got to the restaurant they told us we should have made reservations. Even so it all worked out and everyone had a good time.

This year we will give them the heads up.

Uncle Stevie -

I won't be able to attend this great ride, I'll be working OT at the nookie plant using this year's money to past year's bills.

For all who are on the fence - this is an epic ride, and Uncle Steve knows the inside route - make it happen if at all possible. :clapping:

Uncle Steve, have you set a time to meet in Yuba City? Kickstands up @ 0930? 1000? What?

You are the "Dad" on this one! :lol:

Didja wanna post-up onb the PNW page? Or mebbe FJRay kin dewit soes them fellers kin jine rite in iffin they wanna. :rolleyes:

Brother Stevie, what'll be your target for kickstands-up on Saturday leaving Yreka - for those who'll be riding up from Sacramento that AM?

You know. Unattached straggler dirtbags.
Last year, Saturday morning was one of those multiple departure time days, with people leaving at different times and congealing in different locations on 96 on the way to Willow Creek for gas, snack (and headlight bulb install in Rob's case), before heading east on 299. From there, it was more lumps of riders finding their way to lunch, 3, 36 and Fortuna. The closest thing to USDbs that day was madmike and me leaving around 7:30 am and getting caught first by FJRay on the side of the road by the Klamath in a warm sunny spot. I think most of the attached Dbs caught us up at the gun range turnout on 96.

Roy Bill and I are spending the night in Red bluff at the travel lodge next to Dennys.

Here we go again.

R

Uncle Steve, have you set a time to meet in Yuba City? Kickstands up @ 0930? 1000? What?
You are the "Dad" on this one! :lol:

Didja wanna post-up onb the PNW page? Or mebbe FJRay kin dewit soes them fellers kin jine rite in iffin they wanna. :rolleyes:
I'm thinkin meet at or around 9:00 am at the [SIZE=12pt]Marysville Chevron [/SIZE]with kick stands up at [SIZE=12pt]9:30 am[/SIZE] That should get us to Red Bluff around 11:00 ish I plan on filling bike and having a late breakfast or early lunch.

Leaving at 12:00pm

Anyone wanting to leave earlier or later may do so. Theres nothing that says we all have to go as one big parade. Kinda like herding cats.

MarysvilleChevroncopy.jpg

Diner at the Black Bear diner across from the hotel at around 7:30 pm We will give them a heads up on how many just before.

Also we will let the restaurant in Fortuna know were coming before hand and hopefully avoid last years miss fire.

We will see you guys at the Black Bear for dinner. I'm thinking we are going to take the high roads 395-36-44-89-5.

The three amigos will be coming from (day one) LA to Mill Valley then (day two) Hwy 1 to Skaggs Springs then Clearlake then hwy. 20 will take us easterly to I5 (and north to RedBluff).

But we want avoid the slab where possible... Attached is a link to an altenate route we are considering, beginning just west of Williams on Hwy 20, it's:

Leesville/Lodoga/CR306/162/32/Black Butte roads and ending at Corning.

From Google street view, the roads look a bit beat up but maintained. Any local opinions on this route would be appreciated...

Clicky

Leesville/Lodoga/CR306/162/32/Black Butte roads and ending at Corning.
From Google street view, the roads look a bit beat up but maintained. Any local opinions on this route would be appreciated...
Leesville might still be sections of gravel and yes it is very torn up.