OCC RIDE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowmagnaman

Reaction score
I'm doing a ride to ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS in Montgomery NY on Friday,

April 20th. Will be leaving the Dunkin Donuts on RT5 across from McDonalds

(have 3 Dunkin Donuts) in North Haven. Plan to meet at 9am, have a cup of

Joe, then hit the road. I may take my Magna instead of the FJR. It will be a

relaxed ride up, also will have some friends from the CRVBMW too! Will have

more details on the ride next month.

Vern

I wonder if they'll charge $10 to shake their hands... after $15 for a shop tour....
No shop tours or even getting near the place. They have a retail store a couple of miles away. They have a few copies of bikes that they've made and tshirts ect.

they don't want you too close to their crappy welds and frames with sections cut out to create clearance for drive belts (HEY! we didn't have any wheel spacers in the shop that day because mikey had eaten them!).

I found out that I can't go for a tour, so I'm hitting

the store instead. Plan to buy a t-shirt and hit a good

place for lunch also. I'm sure the ride will be sweet. :clapping:

I was thinking about meeting you there but I have scheduled all of my vacation days already and I can't get away from work that Friday. I really need to retire so I can have more time for fun.....

I'm hitting the store instead. Plan to buy a t-shirt
my wife wanted to sink into the woodwork one time. i was waiting for her at the exit while she finished up at the check out counter. i spied someone with a wcc t-shirt and ambushed him and his wife (younger guy). he came walking by where i'd positioned myself; his wife about a step behind him. "how's it ride?", i asked. he got a puzzled look on his face. i then asked, "does it handle very well in the curves?", and his wife started to get a smile on her face while he was working to figure out what the hell i was talking about. "you west coast chopper. how do you like it? was it worth the investment?" slowly, the confusion on his face was replaced with embarrasment as he replied, "OH! i don't have one of their bikes. i just bought a t-shirt from wal-mart."

"Oh. sorry. i thought you rode. i didn't know you were a poser."

his wife was nearly cracking up.

Good eats in New Paltz, bike friendly town too, only 20 minutes away from "that" showroom....