OFFICIAL SFO 2013 RALLY thread = May30-Jun2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus
Reaction score
check in Thur May 30 -> check out Sun June 2

today is March 7th which is 12 weeks out

https://hubinfo.com/index.html

the HUB is a good place right smack in the middle of great roads in Arkansas
the owners are motorcyclists and the place is designed for motorcycle rallys

SFO is the most laid back, unstructured FJR Rally ever
There are no official activites, no raffles, no banquet, no Rally Fee
We get together and ride informally, and eat when we want where we want
The Hub has a restaurant on the premises with great prime rib every evening at great prices.
They also have a breakfast buffet every morning

Prices and arrangements offered are the same as last year..

Hub with 3 night stay (Thur check in -> Sun check out)
Total 55 rooms...30ea are blocked through May 1
30 two queen rooms $60
20 one king $60
3 one queen $60
2 three queen $75 – I’ve reserved one of these 3 rider rooms and am seeking 2 roomates

morning breakfast buffet $8

dinner with be riders together off their restaurant menu with pay your own check
but we'll have available our own separate room to eat...the prime rib is what I’ll get each evening

camping available $10 night with nearby bath house
hookups available...check their web page for more info

Please call and make your reservation...that means :
1) mentioning the FJR Rally,
2) giving Debbie your full name,
3) city of residence,
4) what kind of room(s) you want...1 or 2 beds
no payment or credit card necessary...

I'm guaranteeing enough rooms/riders close to last year’s participation
if there’s more chance than not you will attend, go ahead and make a reservation
you can cancel with no issues up to 48 hours (Tuesday 3pm) before arrival

The Hub (Debbie)
Marple Falls, AR
870-743-4062 pls use this local # if you have free long distance...saves them $$$
800-597-9963 toll free

then post up here in this thread:
1) name or names,
2) #folks,
3) bike model,
4) #rooms,
5) kind of rooms (#beds)

this is on the honor system...they trust us and will make every effort to make the Rally a great experience
last year was very enjoyable

your committment should to be in stone by May 1st
I don't use PM's feel free to contact me via email
mholiver at patriotguard dot org
pls identify yourself including forum handle on the first email
if you'd like to talk or txt, just request my iPhone #

Let’s Ride,
Mike in Nawlins'

Way to go Mike!
punk.gif
I wish I could get away from work for this since this is one of my favorite areas to ride.

Thanks Mike!

Just got off the phone with Debbie, I'm set to go!

1) Jim Bertram

2) just me!

3)'05 FJR

4)1 room, king

Lookin forward to meeting other FJR riders, as I usually end up riding with some of my buddies that own Harleys....I know, but they are good guys, just a bit slow
tonguesmiley.gif

Lookin forward to meeting other FJR riders, as I usually end up riding with some of my buddies that own Harleys....I know, but they are good guys, just a bit slow
tonguesmiley.gif
Harleys...Harleys...well, I guess the policy will be the same as last year

Harleys and Beemers are fine too as long as they take rooms in the back and refrain from using the public bathrooms in the lobby
tongue.gif

tonguesmiley.gif
Harleys...Harleys...well, I guess the policy will be the same as last year

Harleys and Beemers are fine too as long as they take rooms in the back, clean up their oil spills, and refrain from using the public bathroom on the floor in the lobby
tongue.gif
Tried to fix it for you. They can be so hard to train...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you post in the tread you are obligated to attend.

Come on up and get you some Redfish...I'll show you how to ride fast but not good!

Ha! I could use some lessons. I already know how to ride slow but not good... I am afraid that if I tried to follow you I would be learning how to pick gravel out of my worthless hide!

I am actually taking a family vacation in the truck up that way next weekend. Arkansas is a beautiful state and I love the roads up there. I am not sure if I will be able to attend SFO due to work scheduling.

Well, looks like there will be at least 6 of us there. I'll be there come hell or high water. (That usually happens anyway) Anybody else going to try and make it this year?

GP

Just as GP said - I'll be there come hell or the ever present high water. So we're officially rallying now ---
punk.gif

Actually, my guestimate is there will be 20+ when all is said and done. It's just an informal gathering so not a lot of hoopla found here. If you are strongly considering it Phil I would encourage you to make it happen. The riding in the Ozarks is great - and there's plenty of the local fare to enjoy as well. Just lock the throttlemeister on 100, blast across Okie and you'll be there in no time.
bike.gif

I am strongly considering going to this rally....if only 7 people show up, is it even a rally? Is this one of those events that people start signing on to go last minute?
Try to get there if you can. As Bandit said, there will be probably 20+ attendees. It will be my 4th SFO, I think.

I am strongly considering going to this rally....if only 7 people show up, is it even a rally? Is this one of those events that people start signing on to go last minute?
I'm making a reservation now.

A side note:

I attended a rally in Lake Placid a couple of years back that had 5 attendees. We'd have liked to see more, but the upside was that we spent the entire week there as a group of five. We got to know each other well and formed a bond that's lasted. We email often, and I'll see the other four again this year in Colorado.

HI! I am moving to Mena, AR from California next week and I am thinking I might be able to make it to this shindig, but I won't know for sure until about mid-month April. Do you think that will be too late to make reservations? Do you guys mind me showing up?

HI! I am moving to Mena, AR from California next week and I am thinking I might be able to make it to this shindig, but I won't know for sure until about mid-month April. Do you think that will be too late to make reservations? Do you guys mind me showing up?
Reserve the room then cancel if you see you're not going to make it.

Let me be the first to welcome you to Arkansas. Mena is a good place with some very nice riding nearby. If you don't make it to the rally, be sure to contact me when you relocate. I'll bring some buddies over and show you some nice roads.

Reserve the room then cancel if you see you're not going to make it.

Let me be the first to welcome you to Arkansas. Mena is a good place with some very nice riding nearby. If you don't make it to the rally, be sure to contact me when you relocate. I'll bring some buddies over and show you some nice roads.
Thanks! Reservation made! Hopefully will see you guys then.

Well, looks like I'll be missn another one. I've already made plans for Americade the first week in June.

I just happend to be in Russellville, in a car, and made the 2010 rally I think it was. Got to meet a few folks.