Ohlins YA 707 on 2005 Gen 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It works, if you can get creative with the mount for the remote reservoir. Other than that, everything fits and mounts perfectly and without drama.

The remote reservoir mount doesn't fit pre 2006 FJRs. If you can fabricate a custom mount which attaches it to the pre 2006 FJR passenger peg mount, then you are golden.

Is there a way to modify the remote reservoir mount from Ohlins so it will work or will a whole new mount have to be fabricated? I want it to look factory and not like a backyard job. I've owned this bike since new and it is in like new condition. Thanks

I am using the 707 on my 2005 and it's a great shock. Remote reservoir is mounted on the right side just inside the passenger foot peg bracket.

Thanks for all the replies. A question for Viper Pilot. Did you utilize the stock Ohlins mounting bracket when mounting it to the inside of the right side passenger for peg bracket? Thanks

YA342 is the stock shock from Ohlins for the 2005, if your buying new. Make sure it has the proper weight spring.

How "factory" you can make the reservoir mount or bracket modification look, is entirely up to you.

It will need to be modified.

There are two parts to the reservoir mount/bracket.

The black bracket which attaches to the reservoir, and the "chrome" bracket which attaches the black reservoir bracket to the passenger footpeg mount.

The "chrome" bracket is the one which is not a stock fit for the pre-2006 FJR. If Viper Pilot has managed to make it a stock fit for the pre-2006 FJR, I would love to see pictures.

I think I have some pics. Let me check into that and get back to you or if I can't find them I'll take a few with it installed on the bike.

I just checked my photo files and I have several pics of the YA 707 i installed on my '05. I can email them to who ever wants to check it out and could try to take more pics tomorrow if needed.

So Viper Pilot mpunted it using only one of the bolt holes on the Ohlins silver bracket. The other bolt hole won't fit stock, so he just has it sandwiched and clamped between the footpeg bracket and the subframe.

Which looks clean and is probably ok enough to secure the reservoir..