Orangevale Memorial Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike2

Shtirrenuppenmeister
Reaction score
Heads up, NorCal!

Ride To Eat in Andrew's memory as we approach the one-year anniversary of his demise.

The plan is to have lunch at the place where we met Andrew's daughter. It has changed owner and name.

Lunch Stop:

O'Connor's Santa Maria Grill & Catering

9267 Greenback Lane, #A-1

Orangevale, CA 95662

Beginning Point, 10:00 AM:

Starbucks

4313 Town Center

El Dorado Hills, CA

[SIZE=8pt]Hwy 50 @ Latrobe Rd. Just South of Hwy 50, turn Left at the signal into the shopping center, Starbucks is on the left, across from the Chevron.[/SIZE]

The Route:

Kickstands up @ 10:30.....firm!

North on El Dorado Hills Blvd., Rt. on Green Valley Rd., veer left on Lotus Rd. to Hwy 49.

South on Hwy 49 to L on Hwy 193 to Georgetown. L on Main St., Left on Marshall Rd. down Marshall Grade to Hwy 49. North on Hwy 49 to Pilot Hill, Left on Salmon Falls Rd. to R. on Green Valley/Natoma Rd. through Folsom, R. on Riley St. across the arched bridge and up the hill, bear right on Greenback Lane about 3/4 mile to O'Connor's on the right (just past Main Ave. and the Dairy Queen).

It's only about 75 miles and should take 2 hrs. plus any stop we might make.

Options:

I MIGHT leave Elk Grove earlier than the 1 hr. necessary and take another route to Starbucks.

I'm thinking about heading to Sutter Creek, taking Church St. (Sutter Creek-Volcano Rd) to Volcano, R on Shake Ridge Rd. up Rams Horn Grade and L on Fiddletown Rd. through Plymouth and R on Latrobe Rd.

This would add 90 miles/2 hrs. onto the morning ride (Not a problem for those who are early risers.) but they are all some of the Ya-freakin'-haw roads Andrew liked. If anyone is interested in this early version, we should probably meet in Elk Grove around 0700-0730 or Sutter Creek around 0815-0830....well, you know the drill, let me know and we can arrange meet points if you wish to join in.

More Options:

I'm assuming there are those who might like to ride after lunch so there is plenty of time for anything further you might like to arrange.

Other Websites:

If anyone wishes, please feel free to let other websites know they are welcome to join us. ST.n, Pashnit, Adv Rider, etc. We are not platform specific but rather want to honor our friend by enjoying some of the roads and people he did.

The only thing I ask is we get some kind of head count. This is a smallish place and I've spoken with the owner. If I can give him some kind of idea of how many people he will start cooking the meat (everything is cooked over an open pit) for our arrival and put on an extra person or two to help through our lunch rush. Thanks.

Semi-Official List of Players @ Starbucks:

Big Dan (2-up)

BikeEffects

Bluestreek (2-up)

dcarver :yahoo:

demenshea

exskibum (Maybe Eileen will join us for lunch)

FJROB (2-up)

Flying Junior

Hycle (2-up)

Jeff D (2-up)

JREW (2-up) [SIZE=8pt]Coming home early just to ride with us![/SIZE]

Kaitsdad :clapping:

Khunajawdge B)

madmike2

Nightshine

Old Michael

painman [SIZE=8pt](Lord, does he still ride that FJR?)[/SIZE]

Ric in sac (2-up)

Rogdeb (2-up)

RoxxieRae

SilveradoSlick Maybe, perhaps, (possibly 2-up? C'mon Catherine!?!?) :huh:

Tyler (OMG!) :eek:

uberkul (2-up)

weekend rider

Semi-Official List of Early Birds riding the Sutter Creek Loop:

madmike2

Old Michael

RoxxieRae

weekend rider

Edit: RoxxieRae, Old Michael and I will be meeting at Starbucks @ Elk Grove Blvd. and Waterman Rd. around 0700, kickstands up @ 0730 and will pass through Sutter Creek around 0830. Just in case anyone wants to join us for the "early loop". It's your loss if you sleep in!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can do this if:

I get a kitchen pass - (no Bando activities)

and

I can get some floor space to spend the night. (I snore!!)

I can do this if:
I get a kitchen pass - (no Bando activities)

and

I can get some floor space to spend the night. (I snore!!)
Hmmmmm......I wonder how many of us might be able to provide that?

I'm thinking.......

Tent space would do as well.

EDIT: Just got the kitchen pass. It's a go !

Dang it! Looks like I'll have to be there in spirit only. MSF duties that weekend, but if it turns into an all day ride, where is the afternoon ice cream stop planned for? I might make the afternoon loop if it works out south of Jackson along 49.

Dang it! Looks like I'll have to be there in spirit only. MSF duties that weekend, but if it turns into an all day ride, where is the afternoon ice cream stop planned for? I might make the afternoon loop if it works out south of Jackson along 49.
Only time will tell. At the moment, I am going to do my riding early and probably head home after lunch and visiting with the grand folks who make it. Emotionally, I will probably be a little "off" and need to consider that. Maybe not.....

sorry Mike can't make it, i will be in Laughlin from the 7th till the 9th then on the 12th i am heading to the UK for 10 days cause i need a vacation :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Right now we are in the cold crisp air in Carsen City NV........

R

I will be there (possibly?).

Any body got a rear tire, that needs wearing out, that I can use? :cowboy:

Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Looks like a good one with a great cast, Mike.

EDITED --

Eileen won't make the ride, but it now looks like she'll be there for lunch, so I'll split off before we get to the Santa Maria BBQ and pick her up for lunch. She lives less than a mile and a half from the lunch spot and has really enjoyed their food on the two occasions (last one was lunch today, 10/29) she's eaten it. :)

I'll see you at the Starbucks on Latrobe Road at 10:00 am!!! The remaining question is whether Khunajawdge will be in tow for the early warm up run on the way to Starbucks via 49 and Salmon Falls Road.

I've got an old Pilot Road rear with maybe 1000 miles left on it, George. It's already gotten most of its "wearing out" but it's yours if you want it. :lol:

I've got an old Pilot Road rear with maybe 1000 miles left on it, George. It's already gotten most of its "wearing out" but it's yours if you want it. :lol:
Ha Ha! I "might" have to take you up on that offer! I am a frugal BS-tard... and I've never tried one of those Pilot Road doughnuts! Got a tire changer? :cowboy:

I "might" even need a place to crash the night before? :unsure:

Ha Ha! I "might" have to take you up on that offer! I am a frugal BS-tard... and I've never tried one of those Pilot Road doughnuts! Got a tire changer? :cowboy:

I "might" even need a place to crash the night before? :unsure:
Of course I have a tire changer. B) And a compressor, Parnes balancer and everything else we need. And some good wine to bullshit over while we spoon the ole "Road 1" skin on.

That takeoff rear Pilot Road still has tread all the way across and should do this short ride and get you home, but I wouldn't push it much past that. OR . . . if you prefer, I have a brand new set of Pilot Road 2s we can spoon on, if'n you wanna restock with replacements shipped here afterwards.

EDITED --

I'm sleeping at my condo that night, and picking Eileen up at the end of the ride for lunch at the Santa Maria BBQ, which is very close to her house. I'll PM you. And like I tole you before: I got that couch I first promised you when you last slept on the floor here a year ago. :)

I should be able to make it. I'll be on the V-Strom as my FJR is geting EXTENSIVE maintenance done to it. I'll bring the DVD I made from Hycle's footage of our ride on May 25.

Other Websites:
If anyone wishes, please feel free to let other websites know they are welcome to join us. ST.n, Pashnit, Adv Rider, etc. We are not platform specific but rather want to honor our friend by enjoying some of the roads and people he did.

The only thing I ask is we get some kind of head count. This is a smallish place and I've spoken with the owner. If I can give him some kind of idea of how many people he will start cooking the meat (everything is cooked over an open pit) for our arrival and put on an extra person or two to help through our lunch rush. Thanks
Just to reiterate. I belong to a couple of the other sebsites but I don't post over there very much.

If you DO frequent another website fell free to pass this ride on to any who might want to joins us.

All I'd like is a head count. I'll call O'Connor's this Sunday and warn them and again from Starbucks to give them a better time frame and final head count.