Orangevale Memorial Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rich, I think it would be lovely if you'd consider leading a group in the "anti" direction. You know the roads and are capable of riding a steady, interesting pace.
Besides, riding "up" Salmon Falls Rd. is easier, Marshall Grade is fun either direction and Hwy 193 South from Georgetown is the direction I last rode that with Andrew (And Bluestreek...now THAT was interesting wasn't it, Steve?).

Either direction, the pastoral/provincial landscape and scenery will be a nice experience.
I can do that, but NO ONE has permission to crash! I think I've ridden all the segments of that loop in both directions at least a few times. That'd be interesting to do the loop that direction, and besides (assuming it doesn't rain and KhunaJawdge makes it up here for wine and a rear tire change Friday night), George and I will be riding "down" Salmon Falls Road from Pilot Hill on the way to the Starbucks rendezvous, so I'll get it two times (and with that road, you know that isn't a bad deal).

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich, I think it would be lovely if you'd consider leading a group in the "anti" direction. You know the roads and are capable of riding a steady, interesting pace.
I can do that, but NO ONE has permission to crash! I think I've ridden all the segments of that loop in both directions at least a few times. That'd be interesting to do the loop that direction, and besides (assuming it doesn't rain and KhunaJawdge makes it up here for wine and a rear tire change Friday night), George and I will be riding "down" Salmon Falls Road from Pilot Hill on the way to the Starbucks rendezvous, so I'll get it two times (and with that road, you know that isn't a bad deal).
Thank you sir. Let it be known that if you wish to follow exskibum the pace could be invigorating but not dangerous.

Mine will be more sedate....like +5 on straights and cautious in corners. :rolleyes:

I can do that, but NO ONE has permission to crash!
No shit, huh?

I still intend to be there.

Not sure when or where, but I'll be there.

Hey, is that a song or what? :rolleyes:

Like KJ, I need to evaluate the tire situation.

Unlike KJ, I have a new set of PR2's in the box.

MM2 - not sure if one or two up; I would venture to say 1-up on the FJR as Wabs is in the shop and it would be a long ride for the loverly.

Guess I'll wake up mananna and determine if I can make the route on a skinny rear or start swapping tires..

For the record, I'm less interested in the ride and more so in meeting folks and paying tribute to Andrew.

KhunaJawdge makes it up here for wine and a rear tire change Friday night), George and I will be riding "down" Salmon Falls Road from Pilot Hill on the way to the Starbucks rendezvous, so I'll get it two times (and with that road, you know that isn't a bad deal).
Rich -

This IS still my plan to arrive on Friday night at your place in Auburn. On Saturday, I'll follow where ever you lead.

KhunaJawdge makes it up here for wine and a rear tire change Friday night), George and I will be riding "down" Salmon Falls Road from Pilot Hill on the way to the Starbucks rendezvous, so I'll get it two times (and with that road, you know that isn't a bad deal).
Rich -

This IS still my plan to arrive on Friday night at your place in Auburn. On Saturday, I'll follow where ever you lead :yahoo: !

But I gotta say "Lunch" however, is mandatory :unsure: ?
Hey Jawdge,

See there? Retirement does have it's privileges! :rolleyes:

Mike,

I've got a Traffic Advisory for you and anyone else riding up Latrobe: they're extending the four-lane section of Latrobe through the EDH buisiness park, so take it easy once you hit the construction. The road's got a few new (temporary) turns and elevation changes.

OK, the wife has spoken. We're in - weather dependent. She's out if it's raining or cold; I'm out if it's raining.

After a re-visit, I removed my own previous post!

MMike's right in the next post! I will use this space to remember Andrew Knight!

Sorry for letting myself get distracted! :unsure:

Special Request:

Would everyone who knew Andrew please come with an anecdote, personal glimpse or something to give us all a view into the man he was? While we may not have a venue where everyone can get up and speak, it would be lovely if those who knew and loved him would have a refreshed memory to share with all, or at least with some, of the group.

Thanks.

New skooter shoes, front and rear, new-used brake pads installed (one backwards, gack!) and now I'm ready to roll.

I'm going to stretch my PR2s out through the weekend. I'm @ 9,085 and I'm close to the wear bars.

New pads are waiting and tires are stacked in the garage next to the changer.

Mike, as I'm only in Oregon this week, and returning home early Friday, instead of being back east all week and returning home early Saturday morning, Jan and I are planning on going. So add us to the list please.

John

MMike's right in the next post! I will use this space to remember Andrew Knight!

That was not my intent, George. I meant for folks to bring a cherished memory of Andrew to share at the lunch or meet place. I have so many I wouldn't know where to begin, and once started I wouldn't know when to stop.

Of course, I feel that way about all of our riding friends.

I'm going to stretch my PR2s out through the weekend. I'm @ 9,085 and I'm close to the wear bars.
This trip will put my PR2's over 10K . Could be interesting.
Hal, I know someone with a tire machine and balancer in his garage....and a stack of "take-offs". I'd bet we can solve most problems that might arise.

That was not my intent, George. I meant for folks to bring a cherished memory of Andrew to share at the lunch or meet place. I have so many I wouldn't know where to begin, and once started I wouldn't know when to stop.

Of course, I feel that way about all of our riding friends.

This trip will put my PR2's over 10K . Could be interesting.
Hal, I know someone with a tire machine and balancer in his garage....and a stack of "take-offs". I'd bet we can solve most problems that might arise.
Hal, there is PLENTY of rubber left on that tire. Simply squish some up from the sides to the center, kind of like a bad comb-over! :p
I'll be one-up. Still deciding if I'm an early bird or 10:30 kind of guy.

I'll be one-up. Still deciding if I'm an early bird or 10:30 kind of guy.
1000 meet means leaving here by 0900.

Early birds will have more fun and see more scenery meeting RoxxieRae & Old Michael @ 0700 and leaving by 0730.

Soooo, are you a pooty-parper? (That's party-pooper pronounced backwards.)

Latest posts