Our Fall Rides & Nature Photography

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left
Reaction score
Being a novice nature photographer the Fall season is without a doubt my favorite time of the year. Me & my wife have done 3 different multiday trips to the mountains of TN & NC over the past month & half and have had a terrific time. The FJR has been awesome to ride 2up and the scenery and little hiking side trips we've taken have been even better. Just thought I'd share with you all some of what we've seen in person on our bike trips recently this Autumn season. The only thing that sucks about Fall...is that it's coming to an end.

My "Feed the Machine" FJR Ride video: https://vimeo.com/31670051

The machine!

FJRpicnik.jpg

Sunset on Whiteside Mountain - Highlands, NC

Sunset.jpg

Crabtree Falls - Little Switzerland, NC

CrabtreeFalls.jpg

BRP Overlook - Lincove Area

BRPValley.jpg

Wayah Rd Falls - NOC Area, NC

WayahRdFalls.jpg

Looking Glass Falls - Brevard, NC

Lookingglassfalls.jpg

Our "Secret Spot"....somewhere in NC

TamaraWhiteside.jpg

Glen Falls - Highlands, NC

1GlenFalls.jpg

Whitewater Falls - Sapphire, NC

WhitewaterIII.jpg

BRP - Boone, NC Area

BRP1.jpg

Sunrise on the Parkway

BRPLittleSwitz.jpg

Unknown Falls on side hiking trip

UnknownFalls.jpg

Fall Macro Shot

LeafPinecone-Lomo750px.jpg

Unicoi State Park - Helen, GA

Lake.jpg

Me & my riding buddy on top of Round Bald - Roan Mountain, TN

MeTamaraRoanMtn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a novice nature photographer the Fall season is without a doubt my favorite time of the year. Me & my wife have done 3 different multiday trips to the mountains of TN & NC over the past month & half and have had a terrific time. The FJR has been awesome to ride 2up and the scenery and little hiking side trips we've taken have been even better. Just thought I'd share with you all some of what we've seen in person on our bike trips recently this Autumn season. The only thing that sucks about Fall...is that it's coming to an end.

BRP Overlook - Lincove Area

BRPValley.jpg
Hey GeorgiaRoller I'm a fan of your Pics. Would you mind sharing a bit of info with an old film guy?

Did you have to doctor this pic to get the color? My first thought was a polarizing filter to cut the haze but I know

a lot can be done in the camera and with software these days.

Thanks

Hey GeorgiaRoller I'm a fan of your Pics. Would you mind sharing a bit of info with an old film guy?

Did you have to doctor this pic to get the color? My first thought was a polarizing filter to cut the haze but I know

a lot can be done in the camera and with software these days.

Thanks
This was taken in the auto "Landscape" mode on my camera is all, no camera filters. All I did was run it through the "Tone Mapping" filter on my editing program. Thats it. But yes with the new digital cameras and editing software you have alot of flexibility to enhance the look of your photos.

Photoshop and other computer based editing programs are the modern day "dark rooms".

Amazing Pics. Please be sure and share all your future photos. Nice Job!

Thanks for sharing, I have a friend that keeps telling me to get my hiney out there and ride with him. I guess I know what time of year I want to go!

Went for a short more local ride today and snapped some pix. These were my two favorite. I'm really starting to fall in love with the Macro stuff. Amazing the detail in things we walk across and step on without ever glancing down and paying it any attention. This first one was right in my backyard. The second one is in Thomaston, GA at Sprewell Bluff in Central Georgia. Color is peak here now.

AcornLeaf1000px.jpg

SprewellBluff1000px.jpg

I think you need to ride to more locations and practice your photography more...and post the pics!

Very nicely done; I really like your composition and the eye you have. Keep 'em coming!

GREAT pics of an absolutely beautiful area of the country, GeorgiaRoller! I'd like to print a few of them out nice and big and hang them in my condo, they're that nice! Thanks for posting them, and please keep them coming!