Over gloves for heated glove LINERs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unicycle52

Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for an outer glove to wear over electric (heated) glove liner.

I got a pair of heated liners in the hope of not having to wear my bulky heated gloves to keep my hands warm. I'd like to find a decent (maybe waterproof) glove that is not to thick to wear over the liners. Presently the only gloves I have that are big enough to go over the liners are my former winter gloves that I wore before I purchased heated gloves. They are too bulky. Recommendations welcome.

Bill Hamilton

I just purchased the Aerostitch competition elkskin ropers. They come in a wide range of sizes and have a squeegee built into the left thumb. I ordered them in a size just slightly larger than my bare hand and they fit nicely over my heated liners.Over my bare hands they're slightly loose but not objectionable. Not sure as far as waterproof, haven't had to test them yet.

I wear my Elkskin Ropers over my Warm n' Safe glove liners also. I normally wore a old pair of Olympia winter riding gloves, but started wearing my summer Ropers again when I realized the heated liners weren't all that thick. Treated the Ropers with a water proofer (IIRC Tectron), which works surprisingly well for "at speed" rain running (VStrom guards installed).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity, which "bulky" heater gloves have you been using?

Have you tried on a set of the First Gear / Warm n' Safe standard rider gloves?

I find that they are relatively thin for a fully heated winter glove. Can't imagine that heated liners under a summer glove would be much thinner.

I refer to bulky gloves, I probably should rephrase that statement. I actually have the "first gear/warm'n safe" heated gloves. Because of the width of my hands I need to wear an XL but the fingers end up being too long. When I try the L I can barely get my hands in them. So I guess bulky should be translated as "clumsy sized" gloves. Summer gloves fit much better in the XL size for me.

I know, I know.........it's a personal problem. In my "next life" I won't have a 28/29" inch inseam either.

Bill

I got a pair of Warm & Safe liners over a year ago and have been wrestling with the same issue. Aerostich was in town recently and I had a chance to try on several pairs of leather gloves. Found the right size and placed an order. The combo of the liners and leather did not feel bulky at all to me. The more difficult task is to find a pair of outerwear gloves that are also waterproof.