Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
February Totals are in: (6 BBGs)
Certificate miles: 9140

Odometer miles: 10,026

Year to date: (11 BBGs)

Certificate Miles: 16,768

Odometer Miles: 18,491

Pace: 16,800 (-32 miles)

All these BBG's are getting me motivated. If weather allows, I'm going to do a NY-KW BBG before backtracking to Jacksonville next week. Hope to see some of you guys there.

All these BBG's are getting me motivated. If weather allows, I'm going to do a NY-KW BBG before backtracking to Jacksonville next week. Hope to see some of you guys there.
I will be in Jacksonville for the dinner only. I will be leaving after breakfast Saturday and heading west on I-10 on a BBG.

I have to work Friday, so I will be cutting it close to the dinner.

BBG #13 Started off rough, but the ride (And weather) just kept getting better.

20 hours 31 minutes

Lots of bikes (Both ridden and on trailers) headed to Florida. Cycles abound !

Saw at least 4 FJR riders, I think one rider I saw twice. I was headed west out of Jax and he was headed east into Jax.

Then I thought I saw him again west of Black River bridge headed west while I was headed back east.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am kind of stunned by this rear tire…

I usually average about 17k on the rear, this one has over 18k and I might ride it to the Jax dinner and attempt

another BBG on it. The down side would be to get stranded, the plus side would be to push this tire for observation

for a ride that I am planning on in July. But 20k on a rear ! (?)

Jax dinner was great ! I was able to see many riders/friends and enjoy the gathering.

It was over too quickly and Dan and I were soon on the road slugging out another BBG. The ride

and route developed in the parking lot right before we departed. The route was basically I-10 west to

just beyond Baton Rouge, LA, then back to Jax and south down I-95 home.

The bad:

Traffic congestions

Accidents/Delays

Really wasn't mentally prepared for this ride

Hit the half way point almost an hour and a half behind normal time

Had to ride Baton Rouge during rush hour, then turn around and navigate it again the other direction.

Forgot to turn my SPOT on for the first couple hours

Saw a first… a semi trailer cut into 3 pieces.

The good:

I had a friend to ride with.

My 18.5k rear tire grew more tread during the ride

We made it (#14 for the year in the books)

Solved the last fuel stop issue and finally found a good stop.

My rear tire now has 20,271 miles on it and I will attempt 2 more BBGs with the same tire again. (A record for my rear tire)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the Titanium! Did you get your rear shock sorted?
Thanks…Were you in Jax? How did you hear?

Shock has been swapped out for a stock shock. I have an appointment with Traxxion for a drive in service.

I am having the Penske rebuilt, but will probably leave it off for now. I might have a ride this summer in which

I do not want the Penske damaged. (Haul Road. 1000)

Looks like Tony and I were headed into a monster patch of rain if we headed west so we formulated a few work arounds. Decided to chance it and weather radar showed we gambled correctly and the storm stayed south of us. We braved the frigid 54deg temps for hours (any sympathy here?) and made progress. I don’t know how, but his tire is still serviceable. Keep it up, Tony. You got a good streak going!

Thanks…Were you in Jax? How did you hear?
Shock has been swapped out for a stock shock. I have an appointment with Traxxion for a drive in service.

I am having the Penske rebuilt, but will probably leave it off for now. I might have a ride this summer in which

I do not want the Penske damaged. (Haul Road. 1000)
No, I wasn't in Jax. But Dan was - He took some great pics! Haul road should be fun. I plan on doing that one some day. 54 degrees? Yikes! haha

I will be in Jacksonville for the dinner only. I will be leaving after breakfast Saturday and heading west on I-10 on a BBG.

Good to see you again Tony....congrats on the Titanium Mileater!!

Good to see you again Tony....congrats on the Titanium Mileater!!
Next year I arrive early, no rides, talk more, attend Daytona lunch and actually visit bike week vendors.

Spooned on a new rear tire (Old one had 23.5k on it)

I guess winter riding does have one plus… tire wear. Other than that…winter sucks.

My heat remote went out and i have been riding in 38-54 degrees the better part of my last 3 BBGs.

Really test ones will power and determination to see the ride through. For me, cold weather riding is just frustrating.

Fatigue has been the norm lately.

Holy heck, #50!! Wow. I guess at this point, you are very close to usurping Greg as the BBG leader! FJR to the front! Haha. I don’t know how you do it nearly every weekend these days. Speaks volumes about you and the bike! Congrats

Holy heck, #50!! Wow. I guess at this point, you are very close to usurping Greg as the BBG leader! FJR to the front! Haha. I don’t know how you do it nearly every weekend these days. Speaks volumes about you and the bike! Congrats
Greg is a friend of mine, my intentions are only to achieve 100k in certificate rides this year. The BBG just works out as the best tool

to accomplish this goal. After this year, I will be done with chasing certs. Thanks though for the congrats!

Keep looking for you in Robertsdale (?) I cannot wait for warmer weather, this cold is really draining my health.

April, May and June - my goals are 5 per month. That would put me on track through 6 months without using any vacation time.

Then in July, I am thinking of doing a "Longest Month" (31k in 31 days). Thats all the planning I have thought out so far. Heck, IF I make it

that far, I will have over 81k after 7 months and be feeling pretty good about my chances.