Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garage day anytime you're ready. My sched is wide open for the most part.

One of my time killer "hobbies" is to look through individual dealer websites and see what they have for prior yr model bikes. I have found leftover new FJR going back to the '14 model yr, but most are not what I would consider a great deal, even though they are discounted from MSRP. However, I found (4) '18A models at one dealership and they have them for $10,999. Hard not to jump on one for that price. I haven't heard back yet as I found them Saturday evening, but unless they're tacking on some outrageous fees, I'm thinking to get it.

My '09 isn't too far away from being ready although it looks like a crime scene at the moment. Need to mount the rear tire, lube the dogleg bearings like we did yours, valve check/adjust, and I'd like to tidy up some of the things on the dash shelf, but could leave as is if it gets to be a time crunch.

My "Summer Solstice BBG" happened yesterday.

It was my 32nd BBG this year and my last one before departing on my "Longest Month" attempt.

It was in no way my usual BBG. I left work and went immediately to the gas station and started my ride

a little after 3;30 pm. It was HOT, but Macclenny, FL , my first gas stop, had me arriving at my usual 4 hours.

312 miles. I bought some water and came out of the station to see the dreaded bright white patches on my front tire.

I had thought about swapping it out Thursday night before the ride, but I thought it had a BBG left on it. Big Mistake…

I called my friend Jim (fljab) from the station… no answer. I turned around and headed back to Central Florida.

I stopped in route and called him again. He was home, had a new PR2 front, and readied his garage.

To make a long story short, I got to see his new '18, we got the front tire swapped out in an hour and I hit the

station near his house for another receipt. I was well behind schedule, but was able to pull off the BBG. I had 39

minutes to spare. Thanks to Jim, the ride was completed !

Last edited by a moderator:
Say What?

Relay arm replacement?

Does Tony ever do maintenance?

Gotta Love Ol' Tony.

Just ride doode, just RIDE!

and Congrats on the BBG..

​Just think, some day, you'll be a Candy Butt Ass member in proud standing.. LOL.

Why do they have to hold the IBR right in the middle of Tony's 100,000mi year? No decency
No problems Dan, I talked to Lisa and Mike and they are shutting it down for my longest month attempt.

Which reminds me:

I will be riding up to Sioux Falls, SD on the 29th of June. I will be pulling a trailer and attempting a BBG in route.

Schedule looks like this:

July 1st - July 11th - Deca Attempt

July 12th - 13th - Tire swap/oil change and perhaps 2 BBGs

July 14th - 15th - BBG to Muleshoe, TX

July 16th - 18th - "Earth to Moon to Earth" ride attempt

July 19th - 20th - BBG to Redding, CA and ride to Fortuna, CA

July 21st- 24th - "Cape to Cape" ride

July 25th -26th - BBG to Iowa

July 27th - Tire and Oil changes

July 28 - July 31st - Hopefully 3 Local BBGs

Here is my SPOT: SpotWalla.com - Trip Viewer

I'm gonna pass out, lol. That is gonna give you a lot of thinking time. I expect a cure for cancer or solving the issues in the middle east, at the very least

The replacement relay arm had good bearings and sleeves and was much easier than sourcing a press (which I don't have) and replacing all of them in Tony's original relay arm. I now have 2 extras here, both needing rebuilds.

Say What?
Relay arm replacement?

Tony is approaching Atlanta on "the Longest Month." Wishing you well, Tony, and we'll be watching you. This year has really been something for you

At 8 am Eastern, he’s outside Dalton, on the always-interesting approach to Chattanooga. Go, Tony!

Had a miserable ride up. A full trailer, now my gear is leaking like crazy, my helmet speakers are killing my ears.... visiting my father now and really having doubts if I want to do these rides. The BBG with the trailer had me at 23 hours 45 minutes as I was sandbagging some miles.

I think I hit 1597. Hope this weather gets better as tomorrow I head for Sioux Falls to change oil and rear tire