Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took off yesterday evening after work. Another drama filled BBG is done. 30 minutes into the ride there was a horrific accident (4 deaths) I was delayed about an hour. Had a determined ride though and pulled it off. (I-10 in Alabama was also closed for a short stretch. #66 for the year is done! Only a “Winter Solstice” ride left.

I took off yesterday evening after work. Another drama filled BBG is done. 30 minutes into the ride there was a horrific accident (4 deaths) I was delayed about an hour. Had a determined ride though and pulled it off. (I-10 in Alabama was also closed for a short stretch. #66 for the year is done! Only a “Winter Solstice” ride left.
Nice to keep positive and get the ride done.

o  Jim, found that double coax. Under the front seat. This is what the controllers are to?  I’ll find out Thursday.

...and btw Jim; your Navy dragon on the rear fender flap was half way rubbed off by the rear tire - I swear it had nothing to do with the upcoming Army/Navy game.
Yes, the leather like case with two knobs controls to those coax.  Should be good to go.

Hey, that Navy Dragon was a gift from the resort.  I was up there one time and had one of my Navy hats on and the guy gave it to me at the counter.  No biggy, I don't keep up with that game other than to know Navy has a pretty good record between the two of them.  Academy officers, well, I've known a few of those over the yrs, some very good, and some a royal entitled PITA.

Well Tony, what's the score? You have plenty of time to post up- it's not like you rode 99,000 miles this year 😜
I will be posting up with some real numbers soon. I was just notified that I would soon be receiving around 30+ certificates. They are waiting on 

graphics for 2 of the certs. as they are brand new rides. I did a BBG Double Trifecta (6 BBGs in a row) and a special Earth to Moon ride that are new.

Soon I will update to the first of November. I have one more left the "Winter Solstice" ride.

In case anyone wants to follow my next ride, Here is the link:  https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=212ad5dfd4d547e943&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

This is an attempt for my 4th season BBG. The Winter Solstice ride, it is a BBG.  I will be riding this ride with Dan (Neanderthaler) and we are going to take our

time and take some pics along the way. We most likely will ride to the turn around at a normal BBG pace, turn around and take all of the clock on the return ride.

The ride will start at 4 am in West Palm Beach and the turn around will be in Long Beach, MS and finish back up in West Palm Beach.

This ride will be kind of special, as it will be my 67th BBG (And last for the year) in 2019. Even more special, it will close out my 100k year AND it will be my 100th BBG

since I started Long Distance riding 10 years ago.

Weather is going to suck with rain most of the ride and temps in the 40s and 50s.

Thanks to my fellow riders for the kind words. Dan (Neanderthaler) rode the BBG with me. This was Dan’s 35th BBG and combined with his other rides, this ride qualifies him for the PLATINUM Mile eater award. Congrats Dan!

The ride was a challenge (To say the least) It has us riding in a constant COLD rain with temps in the low 50s most of the way. Traffic was bad, drivers of RVs thought we should be taken out. (Almost succeeded) hypothermic threats were real and a pita to try to carry on with extreme shakes. Hot cocoa helped.

Forget the waterproof gear, we were both soaked by the turn around. Fatigue really did not occur until I-295 for both of us. Then the temps got better- and so did the spirits. 

Here is Dan at the finish signaling “35” (In Japanese) LOL

EA794414-E090-42FD-885F-021E8D8B789D.jpeg

That guy above sure is short.  Tony sure is humble - this ride was about him and his year, I was just glad to spin my wheels for awhile (until it got cold and wet, then I cried like a bitch into my helmet.  fortunately for Tony, his headset battery died so he didn't have to hear).  To be completely honest, I never saw this happening Tony.  With all that you went thru.  I'm sorry that I doubted you.  Way to persevere in adverse conditions (and I don't just mean riding).