• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pay It Forward

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred kudos on getting this thread/idea going, some good karma is always welcome...

I only just stumbled on this so maybe if the admins have some way of making it more noticeable, a sticky some place prominent it might really help...

I'll start my PIF with the following:

Teknic Back Protector - brand new in original packaging, just pay shipping and it's yours.

IMG_5992.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is pay it forward or pay it sideways. I will be getting the back protector from James. My PIF item is a set of Alpinestars cold weather Gore Tex gauntlet gloves. I gave James the first right of refusal and will be sending them out to him. If they don't fit him, he will post here for someone to claim.

Not sure if this is pay it forward or pay it sideways. I will be getting the back protector from James. My PIF item is a set of Alpinestars cold weather Gore Tex gauntlet gloves. I gave James the first right of refusal and will be sending them out to him. If they don't fit him, he will post here for someone to claim.
I received the gloves from Randy. These are sized L, but fit me well like a glove, so I'm keeping them, thanks Randy.

GONE

I have a 29th anniversary Honda summer textile jacket with integrated soft padding, Japanese size LL so it is likely to fit a size L US person (I take size XL US and it's too small for me). This jacket is brand new, still has the tags and water proofing coating on it. Sorry for the crappy pictures, what looks like marks on the white panels is just bad lighting not stains.

IMG00093-20100323-1500.jpg

IMG00094-20100323-1500.jpg

IMG00095-20100323-1501.jpg

I lost weight and can't wear my pair of Diamond Gusset Kevlar Jeans size 52 waist and 32 inseam. They were worn a little more than one season, and in excellent shape -- except for a hole the size of a pencil eraser in the right shin area. The hole occured when I fell in mud and the brake lever went through just below the Kevlar panel. No hard armor in the knees but they can be retrofitted.

Pictures offered if desired. Very comfortable. If they still fit I'd be wearing them for short trips.

A donation towards shipping would be welcome, but not required. Yours for the taking.

CLAIMED BY ROGER DODGER

Time to give this thread a kick start.

Free to whoever's young 'un can use it. AFX brand youth size M (54-55cm, 21 1/4-21 5/8").

In excellent condition, only worn about 8-9 times. Faceshield like new. She's outgrown it. 1st PM to pay S/H gets it!

Craig

I lost weight and can't wear my pair of Diamond Gusset Kevlar Jeans size 52 waist and 32 inseam. They were worn a little more than one season, and in excellent shape -- except for a hole the size of a pencil eraser in the right shin area. The hole occured when I fell in mud and the brake lever went through just below the Kevlar panel. No hard armor in the knees but they can be retrofitted.
Pictures offered if desired. Very comfortable. If they still fit I'd be wearing them for short trips.

A donation towards shipping would be welcome, but not required. Yours for the taking.

Well, it is just as well these were never claimed. GalaxyBlue visited and tried them on in my garage. He asked me to watch, but I left shaking my head. They fit great and he wore them on our ride to Grants Pass the next day. In any case, the jeans and a bunch of rain gear, jackets and gloves all went to a good home in Arizona.

Free to whoever's young 'un can use it. AFX brand youth size M (54-55cm, 21 1/4-21 5/8").

DSCN1337.jpg

DSCN1338.jpg

DSCN1336.jpg

In excellent condition, only worn about 8-9 times. Faceshield like new. She's outgrown it. 1st PM to pay S/H gets it!

Craig
PM sent

DSCN1337.jpg

DSCN1338.jpg

DSCN1336.jpg

Craig
PM sent
dang my daughters head is too big!! i will have to pass :blink:

We were just talking about this last weekend... It warms my heart to see it being rekindled. :thumbsup:
Keep it up!!
wow fred! were you up late or up early?? early riser i assume? not me.........

Kebo
Early. Up and out. Burning daylight!

Don't forget that I'm ahead of you (in time zones) and posting times are annotated in your native TZ.

Giving this a bump, pants still available.

Here's my PIF offer, a pair of well worn Darin Pants. I've worn these for nearly 200,000 miles but you'd never guess that. They're a little frayed around the cuffs and one of the zipper pulls is missing the little tab that you grab. I've replaced these with a small key fob ring in the past or you could have Aerostich replace it for you. I had these re-seamsealed and the fly replaced in 2008. I wouldn't call these waterproof like they used to be but they're still very water resistant. Size 34, I wear a 32x30 pants there's some adjustability in the waist. I've worn these with just LD comfort shorts or a pair of jeans underneath. These only have the knee pads but hip pads are available from Aerostich.
_MG_0206_2.JPG

_MG_0209_2.JPG

_MG_0212_2.JPG

_MG_0207_2.JPG

Giving this a bump, pants still available.

Here's my PIF offer, a pair of well worn Darin Pants. I've worn these for nearly 200,000 miles but you'd never guess that. They're a little frayed around the cuffs and one of the zipper pulls is missing the little tab that you grab. I've replaced these with a small key fob ring in the past or you could have Aerostich replace it for you. I had these re-seamsealed and the fly replaced in 2008. I wouldn't call these waterproof like they used to be but they're still very water resistant. Size 34, I wear a 32x30 pants there's some adjustability in the waist. I've worn these with just LD comfort shorts or a pair of jeans underneath. These only have the knee pads but hip pads are available from Aerostich.
_MG_0206_2.JPG

_MG_0209_2.JPG

_MG_0212_2.JPG

_MG_0207_2.JPG
i'm in, now for me to come up with something.....hmmmm

_MG_0206_2.JPG
i'm in, now for me to come up with something.....hmmmm
The Pants are spoken for :clapping:

Awaken, Ye Olden Pay It Forward thread!!

What I have to offer is 6 pairs of Howard Leight "Quiet" ear plugs.

quiet.regular.jpg

These are a re-useable style. Well, actually, they all are re-useable, but these will last a really long time, and are unused, of course (that would be yucky!!)

Yours FREE just for the asking via the first PM with a PIF proposed gets 'em. I'll even pay the shipping (In the US) or you can pick 'em up at NERDS.

I bought 10 pairs of them and tried them, but they don't work well for me as I have extra gigunda ear canals and can't get an adequate seal. The wifey has little bitty canals so she can't get them in comfortably. So if you have Goldilocks sized canals (juuuust right) these may be just the hot ticket for you.

But you have to Pay It Forward!!

I'm kind of disappointed that the last few "takers" allowed the PIF to peter out... <_< The way a PIF works is the new items offered go to someone else besides who you are getting free stuff from. If you just send them back some free stuff that is just known as a trade and the PIF dies a horrible death.