• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pay It Forward

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks AJ for the PM explaining that I don't need to replace the spring & valve if just servicing the shocks.

So I won't need them after all.

Cheers

No problem Stephan.

The valves are spoken for and have been sent off. I still have two sets of OEM fork springs. 7 days from now, I'm going to take them to recycle along with a set of brake disks off my old truck...

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have two sets of OEM fork springs. 7 days from now, I'm going to take them to recycle along with a set of brake disks off my old truck...
Springs are spoken for. Yay!!
Too bad, AJ. If you ever watch "Forged in Fire," you know you could have heated them up and beat them into a pair of swords with a hammer.

I'll take it if its still available. Thanks

I wasn't able to send you a PM for some reason.

Free to a deserving FJR
Heated gear electrical outlet. Came off of a 2006 I sold last year, this was one of the last remnants.

PM me and i'll ship out in a couple of days.

Baz
IMG_1215_zpslwexgnta.jpg

PM sent,it's all yours. Please respond with mailing address.

I'll take it if its still available. Thanks

I wasn't able to send you a PM for some reason.

Free to a deserving FJR
Heated gear electrical outlet. Came off of a 2006 I sold last year, this was one of the last remnants.

PM me and i'll ship out in a couple of days.

Baz
IMG_1215_zpslwexgnta.jpg

Next up is a pair of Sidi gloves. These gloves are too small for my 2xl paws. The label says xxl on them but they run small, maybe closer to a true xl, or large.

IMG_2589_zpsjvsra4gs.jpg

In keeping with the intent of this Pay It Forward, next item up for grabs is a pair of brand new, unused, Ariete 90 degree valve stems, in the correct size for your FJR. I ordered these years ago for my Vstrom, but changed my mind and got some black ones to match the rims. I did have a set of these silver beauties on my old '05, and they looked great with the silvery gray wheels, but I bet they wouldn't loo horrible with the new black wheels either.

001.jpg

Still waiting for Stephan to get back to me with his PIF.

It occurs to me that new people did not read the beginning of this thread and may not understand how it's supposed to work. Frankly I'm a bit surprised that this still going.

Still waiting for Stephan to get back to me with his PIF.
It occurs to me that new people did not read the beginning of this thread and may not understand how it's supposed to work. Frankly I'm a bit surprised that this still going.
So, are you saying you're holding on to those valve stems until StephanM offers something else, you deem acceptable, up? If that's the case, that's not Pay it Forward, that's bartering. Two totally different concepts. I'll say this, I went back and read the first thread, and turns out, I've been doing it wrong all along. I've taken stuff and then later, maybe much later, offered something here. I've expected the same from the people I've sent stuff to. I figure when they have something they are willing to offer, they'll put it up. I have absolutely no expectation they'll do it "right now."

So, if that's the way this thread has to work, I should probably just stay off of it. I have given tons of shit away, and much of it has been outside of this thread. I've also given and received here as a way to keep it going.

Sorry, but the whole "Karma" thing is bullshit anyway. Nothing nice happens back, just because someone is decent. If that were the case, life would in fact be fair.

I guess, I'm asking, what's wrong with just sending something, and hoping the recepient pays that forward when they are able? I wouldn't expect people new to this platform to have a bunch of FJR stuff laying around ready to trade. That comes later.

Just my opinion, and maybe I totally misread Fred's post. However, if I didn't, I too am surprised this thread is still going, and will point out that very few are in line with the first post, while most are absolutely in line with the spirit of the idea.

That is the way this thread began, and it has worked fine that way. The idea was to keep the free stuff offers flowing. Stuff being offered up in this thread doesn't have to be FJR or even motorcycle related. Just something you think someone else can use. It's not bartering, that would be trading items between two people and after the exchange it's over.

If you just want to give stuff away you don't really need this thread to do that either. Just make post in classifieds and say it's free. Someone takes it, and that's that. But that isn't what this was supposed to be.

GEN 1 shorty shield

If you have ever wondered or wanted a shield cut down, here is the one you want. This is in good shape

Not for sale, but I have no use for this.

This is an OEM shield that needs a good home. Yours for the shipping cost.

I will post this in the other forum also.

First dibs get it.

Cav

Sorry, forgot to update on the 90 degree valves. Stephan gets them and he will be along with another item to pay forward soon (waiting on a farkle to arrive).

Available free to a good home (you pay shipping cost). Gen 2 oem shorty shield. Not pretty. I never cleaned it and it's probably scratched to wholly hell, but if'n you need a shorty screen for summer, this might be the perfect cut-down.

Or cut it down and paint it black

PM me if this is for you.

Barry