• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pay It Forward

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed the RAM Bone that Fred offered up in post #691. Got a new phone mount, and found that it fit a bit better with the Tech Mount that I had kicking around. Tech Mount and the RAM Bone take up essentially the same real estate, so I'm making a deposit in the Karma bank and offering the RAM Bone back up. I guess this will be another case of Pay It Backwards, if somebody posts up something that I can use in the future.

It's early and my brain is still half asleep....lol.....I will jump in the game if I understand that you are offering the RAM Bone that Fred had pictured in 691. I will dig around in my bag of goodies to see what I can put up in return.

I have FOUR jackets that I need to get out of my closet. You can have them for whatever it costs to ship them to you.

First I have a 2XL First Gear Kiliminjaro that was sent to me years ago. It's a great, older jacket and has a fleece liner. The armor is all there and it doesn't have any holes. It would make a good dualsport jacket. It's not super heavy, but it provides good coverage. When I had my KLR, this is the jacket I wore:

20160816_092731.jpg

Then I have two Tourmaster Transition 2 jackets, both are 2XL and I can only find the liner to one. One was my brothers, and I don't think he gave me the liner. Hardly ever used the liner anyway. I always used some kind of base layer. Each jacket has an issue with the sleeve strap snaps. On mine, the button pulled from the strap. On the other one, the snap pulled from the jacket sleeve. It affects how much water the jacket will repel on the second jacket, but that's it. I really like this jacket. The reason these are 2XL is because the XL jacket fit my body but I couldn't get my arms in the sleeves. If you wear an XL or 2XL, these would fit just fine. Only took one picture because they are identical:

20160816_092916.jpg

The last jacket is the nicest of the group. It is an XL Fieldsheer that I got a few years ago to replace my Tourmaster. Just never needed to do that, and this jacket and I never bonded. If it has 500 miles on it, I'd be surprised. I got it for a good deal and was going to sell it cheap, but getting it out of my closet, is payment enough. It comes with a nice neck liner that snaps to the collar, and a very nice liner that can be worn off the bike. This jacket looks like it just came out of the package. It's spent it's whole life in the closet:

20160816_094652_edit_1471362466628.jpg

If you need/want any other pictures of any of these or the liners, let me know. I can ask Patch if he has that other liner and maybe send that if someone really wants it. Either way, I'm going to leave these here for a couple of weeks and whatever doesn't get taken, I'm sending to Goodwill. The Fieldsheer is a great jacket that needs to be used. The other three are good for dualsport stuff, giving to a buddy, or wearing across the country. Either way.

I'd like the Fieldsheer if still available. If you let me know I will pm you my address. Thanks

Steve

Ok, I finally got a chance to dig into my bag of goodies....a big Thanks to LittleJon for the RamBone and I guess also Fred before him! Ok I know this isn't specific to our FJR's but I'm hoping someone smarter than me might be able to make this work.

I have up for offer a set of BMW Hand Guards/Protectors. I was hoping to fab up a way to make these work on my bike but alas I'm not that ingenious....I know someone smarter than me can make this work or hey maybe you have a BMW that these will work on! As far as I can tell they are brand new. I have both the left and right and a bag of hardware. Anyway if this is not an acceptable offer please let me know and I will see what else I can find. Thanks again!!

bmw%20guard%201_zpsocvrru72.jpg

bmw%20guard%202_zps0lyetruc.jpg

Eric, I'd like those Handguards if you still have them. Be happy to Paypal you the shipping. I'll PM you my address.

John

Wow I got from littlejon and I'm giving to bigjohn! What's up with that??!! Lol.

You got em John, I'll dig up a box etc tomorrow and pm you what I find out!

Just got a great jacket from HotRodZilla so had a rummage to see what I could put up. Feeling sheepish but these are all I can offer in return, hope you can make use.

So, black oem insert from the lid of my Givi V46 case, unmarked.

Black Cortech Tourmaster GX Air series 2 jacket size XXL/48. Very good condition, no grazes or tears, with zip out padded liner only. All zippers good, not seen wet weather (steady Rob)!

Yours for actual shipping, ppal to lower 48.

Steve

Yumm...Thanks again for the jacket!

Here's my contribution:

TechMount Arm and twin plates. Excellent condition.

$6 for USPS Priority Mail and it's all yours.

IMG_1143_zpsn8xxfiec.jpg

IMG_1145_zpssipglyo1.jpg

IMG_1144_zpsx8uxlyto.jpg

I was a winner of a "50% off any Marc Parnes Product", gift certificate at last week's EOM in Wytheville, VA. I will not be using this certificate which expires December 31, 2016, so I would like to pay it forward - postage paid! Had I been sure that I wasn't going to use the prize, I would have had them draw the name of another attendee, but here I am looking for someone who is truly interested.

Special thanks to TominPa for directing me to this link.

...Gnirtsnod

I was a winner of a "50% off any Marc Parnes Product", gift certificate at last week's EOM in Wytheville, VA. I will not be using this certificate which expires December 31, 2016, so I would like to pay it forward - postage paid! Had I been sure that I wasn't going to use the prize, I would have had them draw the name of another attendee, but here I am looking for someone who is truly interested.
Special thanks to TominPa for directing me to this link.

...Gnirtsnod
PM sent.