Pics of 06 fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mirror changes sure stand out. I thought the color was supposed to be lighter. That looks darker .blue

I really like the look of the Mirrors, and the rest of all the upgrades, but Im kinda in the dark with the new Handle Bars... Not enough overall adjustment in my eyes.... I guess we'll see, when she's out there to look at better... :)

but Im kinda in the dark with the new Handle Bars... Not enough overall adjustment in my eyes.... I guess we'll see, when she's out there to look at better... :)
Yup, I agree with ya. Looks like they did the minimum to be able to claim, "adjustable bars", when in reality, there ain't all that much adjustment. Still, this is all conjecture and I could be dead wrong. Time will tell.

The new windscreen looks alot like the ST. I think that the screen on the ST is awesome and gives great protection and it doesn't wiggle at high speeds like the FJR. And ditto on those bars!

I have a question. Are 06 models that don't have the new paddle shifter blue while the ones with the new paddles are silver?

I have a question. Are 06 models that don't have the new paddle shifter blue while the ones with the new paddles are silver?
Yes. Exactly.

Except, no "paddles". Shift buttons, or the traditional foot shifter.

One thing about the mirrors. They look like they are painted blue, so even if they do fit the earlier models, they would probably have to be painted to make them look good on our bikes. I think if I change mirrors, I'll stick to the FZ swap.

The new windscreen looks alot like the ST. I think that the screen on the ST is awesome and gives great protection and it doesn't wiggle at high speeds like the FJR. And ditto on those bars!
You know what? Now that you mention it the entire FJR package resembles the ST

just a little too much...but I'll bet you can tell the difference in the ride, and that's

what counts for me.

The FJR's amenities may be getting somewhat more refined ala the ST, but I'm betting ($500 so far...) that the FJR still has more "character" than the ST....hopefully withOUT the no charge "turkey cooker" option-high heat.

If the heat is under control and the bike still retains the power and more lively feel that my '03 FJR had vs. the '04 ST1300 I had, then the '06 A may be stickinn around for many happy miles and years to come...I hope! DFO :rolleyes:

hey thanks so much for the link!!! :clap: :good:

haven't bothered much with that board since finding this one. but you just showed me what i've been dyin to know!

2 more weeks and I get to see my new blue baby in person! Fort Worth snagged the Motorcycle Show from Dallas and they moved it to the first weekend in November. So now we don't have to wait until January!

Probably just a nit since a lot of people swap them out anyway, but I prefer the '05 luggage rack to the one on the '06.

hey thanks so much for the link!!! :clap: :good:
haven't bothered much with that board since finding this one. but you just showed me what i've been dyin to know!

2 more weeks and I get to see my new blue baby in person! Fort Worth snagged the Motorcycle Show from Dallas and they moved it to the first weekend in November. So now we don't have to wait until January!
Yeppers! I'm bringing the whole clan along. It's kind of cool when your kids and wife are looking forward to something like this as much as you are. I'm planning on bringing along plenty of memory cards for the camera to take lots of pics.

Maybe all the DFW '06 waiters should have a group picture.