Pirelli Diablo Strada

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tim05fjr

Hey Guys,

I already know that most FJR pilots like the Avons, and Mich tires.

Has anyone tried out the Pirelli Diablo Stradas?

I realy loved my Diablo Corsas that I had on my FZ1. Now I am getting ready to replace the Metzlers on my 05 ABS. I never liked them and now with a little over 5000 miles the rear is starting to get low. They also aren't all that good in the rain.IMO.

I would like to get some feedback if anyone here has tried the Stadas on their bike.

Thanks

Tim

My pal Pete in Vancouver put them on his FJR this Spring. I will be seeing him in a couple of weeks and we will also be together at WFO-4, so I'll try to get you an owners report. Pete was quite impressed initially with bite and handling, but durability is the big question mark... (Man those 145 horses sure eat rubber!) ;)

FastJoyRide

I'm not a conservity rider and get over 10,000 miles on the rear and 2 -3,000 more on the front.I realy like the Avons 45/46 great wet weather tires. First set I bought from Sunnyside Motors in Wa took off from there towards Canada ran into rain before they got 100 miles on them, the ran into rain again in Canada but then from Ferndale Wa to Leavenworth Wa then dries up to Yacikma and back to Chinook Pass where we got snowed on late May. but the tires are great and I'm on my thrid set of Avons 2sets of BT's 1 saet of pilot roads. Yep over 45,000 miles that I've put on had 4,200 when I bought it from the dealer was his personnal bike and did 3 flags ride then sold it to me.

rogerfjrfaster :p

Hey Guys,I already know that most FJR pilots like the Avons, and Mich tires.

Has anyone tried out the Pirelli Diablo Stradas?

I realy loved my Diablo Corsas that I had on my FZ1. Now I am getting ready to replace the Metzlers on my 05 ABS. I never liked them and now with a little over 5000 miles the rear is starting to get low. They also aren't all that good in the rain.IMO.

I would like to get some feedback if anyone here has tried the Stadas on their bike.

Thanks

Tim
They are on my bike. I like them really well. I can't however give you long term information. BTW, I looked in your profile and your location is apparantly secret.

Thanks for the imput,

Sorry about profile, I haven't gotten around to filling it out.

My location is Long Island , N.Y.

Hi Roger: I'm a big fan of the Avons too, and had Sunnyside put a new rear on while I was at TechWest (met you there too). I'm getting more like 6,000 miles on the rears - would be thrilled with 10,000. The fronts are wearing much longer and may get 2 rears to 1 front this time. I think it has a lot to do with the actual asphalt surfaces you run on (some are more abrasive than others) and what WC referred to as 'my undisciplined right wrist'!

I'm on my 3rd set of Avons and won't be switching unless the Pirellis get a lot of rave reviews and significantly better mileage.

I have about 4000 miles on my two-month-old Diablo Stradas, and if they get anywhere near 8000 (on the back) I'll be quite surprised. I love them for their traction but don't think the durability is up there with the Avons. I'll see how long they last, then think about doing another pair, or at least a new back one real soon. Hopefully I'll scale back some on the hard riding for the sake of tires. I'll have a hard time justifying a new set every three months. I'm already taking some heat for my aggressive style. :devil:

I just did my first weekend with a combination of Diablo front with a Diablo Strada in the back. Did most of my riding around the Deals Gap area. Bitter experiance with other bikes have taught me that if I go down, I generally tuck the front and hence the softer front. Can't tell you about the milage, but I like the feel of the combination. Did well in the rain and I liked the feedback they gave.

So far have done the original Metzlers, and Dunlop 220s. These give a softer feel than the 220's. To many miles ago to compare them to the Metz.

I have a set of Strada's on and have just over 3000 miles on them. I can report they give a great nuetral feel on the super slabs and provide awesome grip on the twisties. (relative to touring rubber) I replaced factory Metz's.