Planning for: FJR Owners Volcano Ride #4: FOVR 4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blufjr

blufjr
Reaction score
Planning for: FJR OWNERS VOLCANO RIDE #4: FOVR 4

This event is usually held in June, around the 12th or second weekend of the month. The last three events have been a one day ride and have had both weather and other negatives. Next year I was thinking of making it a 3-day event. Ride in on Friday, full day of riding on Saturday and ride home on Sunday, and to change the date to the third weekend in June. I usually don't start this until January, but if it is made a three-day event, I/we need to start making arrangements for lodging or camping, etc.

But before any of that gets started, I want to poll the community and see if there are enough people interested. Just to be clear, my main interest is "riding" and just shooting the bull before, during and after. I'm not really interested in SWAG or any form of Organized banquets, speech making, etc, but tee shirts are nice, but they better be useful, as I would rather get UnderArmour, but hey, others may like these things and want to help organize and distribute. This is an Open Invitation to voice your opinions and desire or not.

My first organizational thoughts are:

1. Document Desire. 10 or more should be good.

2. Establish a location. Packwood, WA. Would be nice.

3. Determine if Lodging or Camping. Lodging is nicer.

4. Create a knockout ride for Saturday. Like: Packwood to Windy Ridge to Carson to Glenwood to Bickleton to Yakima to Chinook Pass to Packwood. Or something like that, three Volcanoes in a day.

5. Dinner on Saturday Night. Peters Inn would work.

6. Breakfast and/or lunch and good byes on Sunday.

7. Swap meet?

8. Picture taking?

It would be easy if you just agree, but if you have good ideas, we can take note and later vote. As in all these situations, someone has to eventually make the final decision. I have been to a number of these kind of events and they are all fun, but really, small is better.

Remember, "It only takes one to have a good ride." This could be a lot of fun. Get a friend to join you, doesn't have to have an FJR. Yahoo. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
First, thanks for taking the time on this. I've missed every one so far for some lame reason and keep hoping to make the next, and the next, and the next...

I'm local, so a three-day event doesn't really get my motor running. However, I was thinking I'd like to take a good ole fashioned camping trip with the bike, using only what I can pack on. That said, I'm probably good for two long days with an overnight in between and that's it.

I would look forward to this. My riding was cut significantly short this past summer due to surgery and recovery, so I'm looking to make the most of next summer (yes, I ride the rest of the year, but not near as much).

SWAG - not only does that word make me think I have a wide stance when I say it out loud, I do not care either way on whether there is a shirt to memorialize the ride. (Although my interest would be perked if it were a high quality rag like UA - dat's good stuff)

Thanks again.

El Piggo

I'm in no matter what you decide. :clapping:

I'm local so one day or three doesn't matter to me.

Camping sounds interesting.

I'm local too, so have ridden the roads before. Guess I'd have to say it would just be nice to meet a few more folks from the forum. Don't need any more t-shirts or other bling.

I'm with pig on this one, an overnight camping trip w/ riding for two days sounds like fun. Got enough t-shirts, but a sticker to put inside my hard bag would be nice.

I'm local, so I would not likely stay overnight, but would want to meet the folks and do some/most/all the rides. Packwood is definately a good spot for base camp, good access to both St Helens and Rainer, the east folks can come up over the mountain easily to get there.

Kurt

Great call, but I would pass on the camping and go for a motel in Packwood or Randle. Late June in the Cascades can be chilly and very wet. I don't mind wearing my gear on the bike but I will not sleep in it. Also I would like to offer my services to design and print shirts for this event.

Over night event sounds good, and lodging. Shirts okay, but not a must have, decal would be good... Beer during dinner priceless

It sounds great, like pig I've not been able in the last couple of years. But a couple of days in Packwood, camping or moteling either way sounds good.

Planning for: FJR OWNERS VOLCANO RIDE #4: FOVR 4

This event is usually held in June, around the 12th or second weekend of the month. The last three events have been a one day ride and have had both weather and other negatives. Next year I was thinking of making it a 3-day event. Ride in on Friday, full day of riding on Saturday and ride home on Sunday, and to change the date to the third weekend in June. I usually don't start this until January, but if it is made a three-day event, I/we need to start making arrangements for lodging or camping, etc.

But before any of that gets started, I want to poll the community and see if there are enough people interested. Just to be clear, my main interest is "riding" and just shooting the bull before, during and after. I'm not really interested in SWAG or any form of Organized banquets, speech making, etc, but tee shirts are nice, but they better be useful, as I would rather get UnderArmour, but hey, others may like these things and want to help organize and distribute. This is an Open Invitation to voice your opinions and desire or not.

My first organizational thoughts are:

1. Document Desire. 10 or more should be good.

2. Establish a location. Packwood, WA. Would be nice.

3. Determine if Lodging or Camping. Lodging is nicer.

4. Create a knockout ride for Saturday. Like: Packwood to Windy Ridge to Carson to Glenwood to Bickleton to Yakima to Chinook Pass to Packwood. Or something like that, three Volcanoes in a day.

5. Dinner on Saturday Night. Peters Inn would work.

6. Breakfast and/or lunch and good byes on Sunday.

7. Swap meet?

8. Picture taking?

It would be easy if you just agree, but if you have good ideas, we can take note and later vote. As in all these situations, someone has to eventually make the final decision. I have been to a number of these kind of events and they are all fun, but really, small is better.

Remember, "It only takes one to have a good ride." This could be a lot of fun. Get a friend to join you, doesn't have to have an FJR. Yahoo. :yahoo:
Motel sounds good, 3-day good, riding good, new people good. I'm in

I'm local too, and would like to ride one or two days. Swag or no swag, I am good either way. Always injoy a good meal.

Kent

I'm in and a three day event sounds good to me. Maybe my wife will come along next year. Oh, camping out for the wife is Motel 6.

I'll be there again...but only for a one day ride and greet. Too many rides are already planned for June / July and must leave time for the four letter "W" word keeps getting in the way. Anybody interested in adopting?? :blink: Then I could ride all the time.

--G

Thanks for the quick responses you guys. Here are the results, I really don't think they will change much from here on but will leave them up for others to respond to.

The event will be a 3-day event. We now need suggestions on a hotel and a campground. Leave it up to the individual to make that choice. Either is fine, but one hotel usually works best.

Group ride(s) is in. We can leave the selection to route up to Friday before. If you have a route you would like to do, bring a map and then we can vote on Friday or Saturday morning. That's easy. Others that don't want to do the group ride may choose their own route or take the same route, but without the group.

Group Dinner. Looks like this is in too, but not required (as if you could require someone to eat without prepaying). It is much easier when there aren't too many folks wanting to eat at the same place. You can just show up. We will focus more on this as we get closer to the event and then look for a location and arrangements for a room, etc.

Thanks guys. The 3-day event was the key question and it sounds like a slightly larger group is in favor of that. The others can come for one or two days and meet up with us someplace. It all sounds good.

Keep posting Ideas here. Later I will start a new post to start the event or for establishing motel and dining establishments.

Ken H.

The event will be a 3-day event. We now need suggestions on a hotel and a campground. Leave it up to the individual to make that choice. Either is fine, but one hotel usually works best.
Check out the Lone Fir Resort in Cougar, WA. It is a campground with numerous cabins at very reasonable prices. It is also very biker friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.