Plastic Fastener Replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received a pack of rivets from Amazon that Peterodactyl recommended and they are identical to the OEM. The one on the right is the OEM that I pulled out from the top panel of my 14A (yes, it was broken last time I removed the top panel). I think I'm going to order another pack.

p7sZNrV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thread. I think I only have three of them on my bike. Need replacements.

Side note, threadjack. I went to order a replacement radiator fan from Amazon. Amazon recommended I buy replacement plastic push rivets, similar to these but bigger. I was like "Screw that!" I went out to put the fan in, found I was already missing three of them. Then found that they don't come out so easily after 170K miles and I proceeded to break like ten more. I have a bag of those on order.

Now I'll be off to order much smaller ones for the FJR.
biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought these from Amazon and they work. They are shorter than OEM but have worked so far. PM me with an address and I'll mail you a couple so you can check.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00678RET4/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This offer valid to the first five respondents only. Not valid outside the continental United States. Must be 18 or older to apply. Offer may be rescinded without warning. For a complete copy of the rules of this offer send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 200 Tigertooth Avenue, Malbo, Bioko Norte, Equatorial Guinea NWT282
These work! Thanks for the sample. When I started farkling my wife's new bike (< 60 miles!), one of the fasteners on the battery cover was missing. Your sample had arrived the day before. Sorry I didn't say "Thanks" sooner.