Possible group buy for heated clothing.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on people- we need more people to get in on some great pricing.

BTW, my preference is GERBING, FWIW

Come on people- we need more people to get in on some great pricing. BTW, my preference is GERBING, FWIW

I actually prefer the Tourmaster line. It really kicks out the heat and with the built in thermostat, it's by far cheaper then the Gerbings, Warm and Safe, etc.

I am still working on this. I've been pretty busy this last week and I haven't had time to contact the vendor that carries the Gerbing's line yet. There was a snafu with that because the guy Gerbing's told me to contact no longer works there. I am going to try to talk with a manager or possibly the owner to see if they will do a group buy.

Come on people- we need more people to get in on some great pricing. BTW, my preference is GERBING, FWIW

I actually prefer the Tourmaster line. It really kicks out the heat and with the built in thermostat, it's by far cheaper then the Gerbings, Warm and Safe, etc.
After looking at the tourmaster sit that seem's like a better deal than the gerbings.

Last year the Tourmaster stuff was new on the market and was inconsistent with quality control. Some loved it and some couldn't get it to work. This may be worth thinking about if considering Tourmaster heated gear.

Last year the Tourmaster stuff was new on the market and was inconsistent with quality control. Some loved it and some couldn't get it to work. This may be worth thinking about if considering Tourmaster heated gear.

I have to agree some. My first jacket liner had a bad thermostat controller right out of the bag. Glen at Desert Valley Powersports replaced it. My second Thermostat had the little rubber guard for the button rip (this was kind of my fault). I had the unit connected to my leg and got off the bike and it pulled up over the unit and ripped the rubber guard. I have learned to make sure it is connected to the velcro part and not have the leg rap over the entire unit. This might not make sense, but if you have used or seen them it will. All was replaced and since then I have had 1 full year of great heat.

Dave

I have to agree some. My first jacket liner had a bad thermostat controller right out of the bag. Glen at Desert Valley Powersports replaced it. My second Thermostat had the little rubber guard for the button rip (this was kind of my fault). I had the unit connected to my leg and got off the bike and it pulled up over the unit and ripped the rubber guard. I have learned to make sure it is connected to the velcro part and not have the leg rap over the entire unit. This might not make sense, but if you have used or seen them it will. All was replaced and since then I have had 1 full year of great heat.

Dave
I, too had problems with the thermostats. I had two go bad within 6 weeks, so I returned both my gloves and liner. Personally, I would not stay in the group buy if it is w/ Tourmaster. They make other great products, but living in PA and trying to ride til the snow flies, I need them to work.

I am interested in jacket liner and pants liner. Gerbings. May consider warm-and-safe if there is consensus here.

Keep us posted ... it's beginning to get cool over here!

I would be in to. I need stuff for commuting this winter. If it doesn't happen soon though I will probably go buy something on my own. I will keep checking back. Keep us posted. THANKS....

Good timing. I just started looking into heated gear.

I currently use a TPG Teton jacket and am getting the matching pants in a week or so unless something happens on this post.

I might be interested if I can order tall sizes.

Gerbing goes up to a 36" sleeve. Does anyone else with long arms own Gerbing??

chimpanzee-info1.gif

I might be interested if I can order tall sizes.Gerbing goes up to a 36" sleeve. Does anyone else with long arms own Gerbing??

chimpanzee-info1.gif
I do... While they aren't really as long as I'd like, it seems they did have some that were longer than others. I bought mine at a BWM dealership that no longer exists but they had a HUGE selection at the time. It's a tad snug, but it's supposed to be because it's under your other stuff.

I think having the sleeve's just a tad short helps that the stuff around the wrist isn't all bunched up and interfering with the outside Jacket wrist closure.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Regardless, it keeps me warm.

For those of you that haven't read the first post lately (or at all), I've made an update and I am beginning a list of those people who are serious about buying. If you are on the fence don't email me if there is a chance you are going to change your mind. If this goes through they are doing us a HUGE favor this time of year. This vendor as well as Gerbing is probably running at full steam just to keep up with normal demands for heated clothing.

I will be checking my email regularly and keeping track of what people want. I am also going to be including riders from where I work in this GB/SB as well so I'm thinking we should get at least 20 people ordering at least a liner and a controller unit.

+1 on Tourmaster. My heated jacket works great. I can't see how the other brands willl stay in business. The Tourmaster was significantly cheaper. It heats evenly and is very warm. Leaving it on high for too long will most certainly cook you. Low and medium power levels work great. I may have to consider the pant liners this winter. Not sure I'll buy the gloves, they seem a little bulky. The First Gear gloves seem better and the plug fits the Tourmaster stuff, so maybe they can be mixed. If so I would go for the First Fear gloves as they are a bit less bulky. Can anyone confirm that the brands can be mixed?

Sent email.

Jacket & Pants Liner, Controller; possibly glove liner

What brands are you trying for?

Status
Not open for further replies.