Pre 1916 Motorcycle Cannonball

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jekirby

Reaction score
I have and acquaintance in this race. I thought some here would find it interesting:

Clicky

I might be at the start to see them off.

IB Old School?

No.

The IBA is about safe endurance riding and rallying....not "racing"....and the word C-ball makes most IBA numbered folks cringe and check to see if Higdon is around having a stroke. :blink:

And not really about pushing motorcycles to their limits either. Since it was only started in 1984 with modern bikes....not to much relation to the the pre-1916 bikes.

As for rider endurance...yeah I would agree on that point some, but done way more safely with equipment alone.

I'm sure there will be some gritty characters on this thing. I would think it's more like the Great Race for bikes.

This isn't a race, and says so many times, unlike the automotive Cannonball Run of the 70s. I don't really see what kind of competition it is, unless it's a basic TSD rally. It looks like a big group ride, with everybody being at the same places for dinner every day.

Ancient machinery for 3200+ miles, though? That'll be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't a race, and says so many times, unlike the automotive Cannonball Run of the 70s. I don't really see what kind of competition it is, unless it's a basic TSD rally. It looks like a big group ride, with everybody being at the same places for dinner every day.
Ancient machinery for 3200+ miles, though? That'll be cool.
Looks like its run in stages, add the time of each stage for the total time. Lowest total time in each class wins that class.