Pretty sweet...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BanjoBoy

Reaction score
I dun purchased an '07 FJR last night with only 9,300. Rode some twisties around Placerville CA, then came across the state to Sonoma County this afternoon. Can't wait 'til tomorrow so I can ride some more.

This is one sweeeeet scooter! :thumbsupsmiley:

Excellent news! Enjoy that riding weather, I'm looking at 12"-22" inches of snow inbound.

Have fun riding in the forecast thunder showers. :D

You might as well have lunch in Occidental and then ride Stewarts Point/Skaggs Springs road to settle your meal.

Good roads in your hood and the best group of guys n' galz too. You are a fortunate one.
My parents are brother & sister, how fortunate can I be? :weirdsmiley:

Yes we have great roads and weather here, but it's raining cats and dogs now so I'll probably wimp out and just read up here at this fine forum. (All my gears wet from rain riding yesterday.)

I'm gonna need a top case and heated grips, so I've been boning-up over in the Parts & Accessories section, but now my brain hurts from all the info. :smile3: I also need to figure out how them side vents work, to direct heat on the rider? (Guess I shoulda just got a generation I?) :rolleyes:

Good roads in your hood and the best group of guys n' galz too. You are a fortunate one.

Yes we have great roads and weather here, but it's raining cats and dogs now so I'll probably wimp out and just read up here at this fine forum. (All my gears wet from rain riding yesterday.)

I'm gonna need a top case and heated grips, so I've been boning-up over in the Parts & Accessories section, but now my brain hurts from all the info. :smile3: I also need to figure out how them side vents work, to direct heat on the rider? (Guess I shoulda just got a generation I?) :rolleyes:

Sounds like it's a day to kick back and oogle your sister whilst charming her widcher banjo. :clapping:

:D

Congrats on the new bike! Vstrom handguards deflect a bit of the rain as well...IF it's not coming down too hard.

Sounds like it's a day to kick back and oogle your sister whilst charming her widcher banjo. :clapping: If I only had a sister... I do have a cat though, here kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty. LOL

:D

Congrats on the new bike! Vstrom handguards deflect a bit of the rain as well...IF it's not coming down too hard.

QUOTE (BanjoBoy @ Feb 6 2010, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...I also need to figure out how them side vents work, to direct heat on the rider? (Guess I shoulda just got a generation I?)
rolleyes.gif

Vents do nothing except deflect outside air from the rider's legs when extended (obviously while moving).

So if the ambient temps are very high it's worth having them out to reduce roasting from the air on your legs (never a problem here in the UK); if it's very cold ambient air, having them out will reduce excessive cooling of your legs.

They don't affect heat from the engine (except indirectly by altering the airflow round your legs).

Personally, I leave them in all the time, they're too plum ugly when out.

If you do want to move them, those two big screw-heads are quarter-turn quick release thingies :

(click on image for larger view)

turn 'em with a coin or srew driver, pull them out a bit

you can now hinge the vents to their outer position. Push the thingies into their outer fixing, screw them up their quarter-turn. (The next picture shows the vent further out to view the fixings.)

Hope things are clarified a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
...I also need to figure out how them side vents work, to direct heat on the rider? (Guess I shoulda just got a generation I?) :rolleyes:
Vents do nothing except deflect outside air from the rider's legs when extended (obviously while moving).

So if the ambient temps are very high it's worth having them out to reduce roasting from the air on your legs (never a problem here in the UK); if it's very cold ambient air, having them out will reduce excessive cooling of your legs.

They don't affect heat from the engine (except indirectly by altering the airflow round your legs).

Personally, I leave them in all the time, they're too plum ugly when out.

If you do want to move them, those two big screw-heads are quarter-turn quick release thingies :

[SIZE=8pt](click on image for larger view)[/SIZE]

turn 'em with a coin of srew driver, pull them out a bit

you can now hinge the vents to their outer position. Push the thingies into their outer fixing, screw them up their quarter-turn. (The next picture shows the vent further out to view the fixings.)

Hope things are clarified a bit.
Thanks, it's crystal clear now. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I'll play with them.

Congrats on the new ride BB! I love my '07. I bought mine used and it came with a Givi E35 top case including the pillion backrest pad. A really nice setup.

Congrats on the new ride BB! I love my '07. I bought mine used and it came with a Givi E35 top case including the pillion backrest pad. A really nice setup.
Yeah, I wish mine came with a GIVI. When I was first contacting the seller about the bike, he did mention a top case. Well it ended up that it was just a Pelican that he didn't really want to part with, and I really didn't want anyway. (I wear my firearms!)

I spent hrs here, and at other sites trying to figure out how best to mount the GIVI. There's a million different options, but I think I got it figured out.

The more I ride this thang, the more I love it. Even with the "little woman" on back, it still rockets off the corners like she's not even there!

And who are all these whiners who want a 6th gear? My last bike had six, and this 5th is taller. You could cruise all day at anything between 70 and 140, what else do you need? (Eggs in yer beer?)