Problem with Givi V46 trunk

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil_henchman

Reaction score
I have a problem with the latching mechinism sticking in the locked position when the lid is open (up). Anybody else ever had this happen and what's the fix?

I don't know if you are having the same problem I've had, but here goes. I discovered that if the key is out, the latch locks and will not close. If the key is not turned all the way to the right, the same thing happens. The "leave the key in thing", is easy to remember....I constantly get in a hurry, and don't notice that the key is not turned all the way to the right though. You might try checking the key position. If that's the problem, you won't be the only person to do it.

Brian

may not be helpful, however!

I have the 52 and my key will only come out if the key is turned to the lock position, which of course prevents me from closing the case until I put the key back in to unlock.

I guess its a don't leave the case unlocked safety feature

Last edited by a moderator:

I have the 52 and my key will only come out if the key is turned to the lock position, which of course prevents me from closing the case until I put the key back in to unlock.

Mines the same.

Mines the same.

Mines the same.

Latest posts