Pulled the trigger on a 2016 A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orbit

Reaction score
It only took me a couple of weeks to finally make a decision to ride again after being off my 2012 FJR for 2 years. I can no longer hide the fact that I am not getting any younger and that if I want to knock off some items on that bucket list, I need to get the bike and start enjoying it. I retired in June so that I could finally relax and do some things that I want to do. I will pick it up tomorrow. The weather here in north Florida was not so good this morning when I went to look it over and make the decision. It is a happy decision for me, but not so much for my wife. I have owned many bikes over the years and she is afraid that I will get rid of this one like I did with all the others. I am now retired and will put some miles on it when the weather is good and I need to get away. I must stay up on this forum so that I can see what others have planned so that maybe I can join them on some rides and rallies. Now we just need some cooler weather so that I can enjoy the ride once again. May the Farkles begin!

Good luck, I rode a ES at the Yamaha Demo last weekend, I think I would do the A also. That bike was sure smooth, like a baby's soft head of hair.

Good choice there Orbit!

I just "upgraded" from a 2013. Really like the 6 speed, lighter clutch pull, the LED lighting and the color!

Enjoy!!
punk.gif
punk.gif

Thanks to all. Weather did not cooperate after getting her home so just parked for the night. The last FJR I rode was the 2012 and must say the 6 speed is a dream. Running 60 and just below 3000 rpm and smoothhhhhh. Turned on the cruise and took my hands off the bars and she went straight. So many improvements over the 2012 I last owned. Can't wait for this nasty weather to go away so I can get out and enjoy it.

I will look into meeting up for some of the rides hear in the South East. Need to meet some of you good folks.

Congrats on the new ride and your retirement.

SFO is in north Alabama on holloween weekend. You can camp or hotel. Check out the ride planning thread and join us for some fun!

Congrats! I will get one in a few years when one of you get tired of yours and save myself a few dineros! Ride it like you have nothing else to do, now that you are retired.

Congrats!!!

I can relate to the situation with the wife. A couple weeks ago after hearing several horror stories of caution from family and friends that aren't two-wheeled inclined I briefly questioned my wife as to whether she thought it would be best to forego two-wheeled travel. She said to not bother, as she knows I'd be shopping for another motorcycle immediately after deciding to get out of riding. She's right.

Congrats!!!
I can relate to the situation with the wife. A couple weeks ago after hearing several horror stories of caution from family and friends that aren't two-wheeled inclined I briefly questioned my wife as to whether she thought it would be best to forego two-wheeled travel. She said to not bother, as she knows I'd be shopping for another motorcycle immediately after deciding to get out of riding. She's right.
This is the 2nd time I have done this to my wife. I think I can do without a bike, but as soon as the weather gets nice for riding, I get the urge. This time I have put on the Farkles that I want and am just about ready to travel alone. She is still working for another couple of years so I decided to invest once more in my favorite ride. I love my FJR. I have put on a touring windscreen, Sena 10S, Garmin Zumo 660 and a Shad 45 Top Box. I am ready to roll. Just waiting on the weather to cool down a bit. Stil running in the 90's here in Florida. Let's keep the two wheels and stay happy! I dream has been the Smoky Mountains and Deals Gap. Hope to be making the run in the next month if I get all the details worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! Jealous x 2! First on the new ride second on your retirement!

Too late this year but consider riding The Void rally next October. They always have a start location in GA and finish in Fredricksburg, VA. Good excuse to cover some miles and see some sights.

Latest posts