Purchased 2010 FJR over KGT- Yessssss it feels good!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a used 2009 with 4800 miles, extended warranty, sliders and handle bar risers. The price was right. Didn't even ask the guy for a test ride. Layed out the money and drove it home. Was surprised how heavy the front steering was but suspected the front tire. Yep the original worn BT021 was the problem, a new PR2 solved it completely. The FJR is a bit tall for me but I'm getting used to it. Otherwise I love everything it delivers and its nice to have an extended warranty to 2013. I plan long trips on it and so far find its stock seat and ergo's very comfortable.Bill
Sounds familiar! I picked up my used '04 without a test ride and was shocked by how heavy the steering was . . . figured it was normal since I'd never ridden a bike as large and with bags. The guy I bought it from must have never ridden a curve since the front Metzler was worn flat like no front tire I've ever seen. 4 weeks later went on a new set of Conti Road Attacks and I felt like I'd just gotten a new bike! I'm now on PR2's, but have no complaints with the Conti's.

Easy....congrats on the purchase!! Welcome to the fold.

Just think of all that dough you would have spent on Beemer maintenance that can now be spent on FJR goodies.

Well done Easy E. I've had my black 2001 Australian spec model for over 8 years now and still love every ride on her.

I'm 6'4" tall, & did get a test ride on a enlightened dealers test mule as I wouldn't have bought one without seeing what the experience & ergonomics were like. Back in 2001, the bike mags were comparing the FJR to the Honda ST1100 and BMW R1150RT - guess which one won hands down, unless you were after the upright touring option.

I've never had problems with the bike, and as others have said, it is relatively easy to spanner yourself, which increases the involvement factor.

I hope that you are as pleased with your bike after 8 years of looooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve !

My test ride was 525 miles long and it was taken after I flew to Washington D.C., purchased the bike and then rode it home to Michigan. It's funny that I never even considered that I might not like the Yamaha. It's the only motorcycle that I've ever purchased without ever taking some type of ride on the same model.... either one owned by another rider, a manufacturers test ride at a rally, or at a dealer.

Damn glad that things worked out with the FJR1300 :)

God damn it why the hell did I open this thread. Now I want an FJR again. It just sounds so dreamy and perfect. I am plagued by indecision. Bah!

But good call on the FJR over the BMW. That's a lot of money saved on the bike and maintenance with a ride that is every bit just as good I believe. That's money that can be spent taking time off work and rip-roaring around.

P.S. You listen to Easy E? LOL love that guy.

Last edited by a moderator: