Question Re: Blue Flame Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Newbie here (not to FJR's, but to the forum). I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm considering plunking down $$ for a set of Blue Flame EVO3 cans. The picture on the website looks like the can bolts onto the bracket that holds the side bags. Question is: Do the EVO3's interfere with the hard bags?

If anyone has a Blue Flame sound clip (or pic), that would be much appreciated too. Any feedback/comments on these cans?

Sorry I can't comment directly to the Blueflames, but I do run slip-ons (Staintune). I don't recall anyone ever mentioning hard bag interference with any brand of slip-on. There is a really good search function on this board, try searching for Blue Flames and I imagine you'll get answers to everything you want to know and more.

Welcome bro.

I believe that the pictures are from forum members spine60's bike. The pictures do not show the bags attached, but I have no doubt that they will fit. You could PM him for the scoop.

If they don't you can donate them to me.

JD3_FJR1300a.jpg

JD3_FJR1300b.jpg

JD3_FJR1300c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone could....I'd love to hear a sound byte of those slip ons :rolleyes: :rolleyes: come on....come on...PPLLEEAASSEE :D :D :D

I just bought this bike and he went out to the garage and fired the bike up for me. It sounded pretty sweet over the phone. He had 1 set of the baffles out and it was sounding good. He was going to sell them seperate from the bike but I had to have them after I heard them. I fly down soon to pick it up. Cant wait. Chris

Busaroop -

Coming from a 'Busa to a FJR, huh?

I've ordered the EVO3 and I'm eagerly awaiting the UPS guy. I'd love to hear a soundclip if you get a chance to post it before I do.. :clap:

Actually sold the Busa a couple of years ago. went to a V-strom. Still have it. I just wanted something new. Sure miss the busa though. I would not even begin to know how to record and post a sound clip but I would be glad to call you up and let you listen over the phone when I get it. I fly down on the 24th to pick it up. Chris

I fly down on the 24th to pick it up. Chris
Busaroop,

I met the owner of your new bike, Spine60, last summer while vacationing in Naples. I was trying to decide if I was going to buy an FJR and he was nice enough to meet me and let me look his bike over. The pipes were very nice, as was the bike. I do not know how soon you are leaving, but I will be riding down to Naples on the 28th of April on my FJR for a weeks vacation. If you are going to be in the area that long let me know.

Shep

I wont be down there except to pick up the bike. I will return to Daphne Alabama tuesday the 25th.I live along I-10 so if your going to be riding past let me know. Chris

I will most likely run I75 all the way. I am coming from Indiana. Good luck with the trip. Based on my observation last year, you are getting a very nice bike that is barely used.

Shep

I had a set of Blue Flame slip-on's and this is what happen to me: The left mid-pipe was made wrong so when the system was on the bike I could never line-up the two pipes, looking at the pipes from the rear. The left one was higher then the right. Since the cans are oval I also could never perfectly line-up the oval shaped can, again looking from the rear of the bike. And the rubber stopper on the center stand would not line-up with the tab on the left mid-pipe.

I emailed Blue-Flame USA, had to show photos to prove I was right, then had to wait another 2 months for the new mid-pipes to arrive from England. Had to call them a few times to check status. So by the time they finally arrived I said the hell with this and ended up selling the things on the Japanese Yahoo Auction site for what I paid for them.

The cans themselves are nice and look cool but I guess I just had bad luck with them. I do know for me...I will never spend my money on BLUE FLAME again! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spines bike appears to have no bag mounts on it. As much room as there is though, I doubt it would be an issue.

FNG--He is going to put the bags on for me so I can ride the bike home. He hads never installed the bags. Still new in box.

Kevin--- Come to think of it, I ordered some blue flames for my Busa and they did not align very well either. I ended up selling them and getting a 4 into 1.

Shep---To bad your not going to be down a little earlier. I decided to ride down to Key West since its only a couple hundred miles away from Naples. I would hang out but I need to get back home before my better half castrates me. I went to the smokies my last time off and will be going back in May for a V-Strom meet. Then to NC for a family visit. My wife is going to have a seizure if I try to stay longer. She probably feels like a widow as it is. (I work off-shore) Chris