R6 2003 vs FJR 2001

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lele

Reaction score
a friend of mine want an acceleration challenge.. (with 500 euro plus) who win?

Last edited by a moderator:
What distance? Bet the R6 would win in the quarter mile; assuming equal riders on both. It would be close but the R6 is more than 250 lb lighter. HP is less but still quite respectable.

Quarter mile for a R6 is about 10.7 sec at 211 km/h.... FJR1300 should be about 11.2 sec at 195 km/h. These numbers are from a 2015 motorcycle guide. So, it should be close, but like RossKean, I think the R6 should take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that older (2003) R6 is a slight bit lower power than recent ones but I still think it will do high 10's for the quarter. The rider could make all the difference.

The R6 has to be wound up to get it in the HP range.

I have an '07 FZ6 (slightly de-tuned R6 engine) which will get it, but also needs to be wound up.

I can get to 90MPH in second gear at red line(14K), but the FJR has more torque.

With bags off the FJR, it's really going to depend on the rider, it'd be VERY CLOSE (especially in the launch)

I ran an R6 and I couldn't pull away from him nor vice versa (he stayed in my mirror to about 90) before turning off..