Refurb Garmin Zumo 550

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rok312

Reaction score
Amazon.com currently is listing factory refurb Zumo 550's for $488. I'm close to pulling the trigger...but am sceptical. The units are sold directly by Amazon, take 1-2 months to ship (I can handle that). But there is no mention of warranty on the listing.

Anyone have experience with refurbs? This sound like a good deal?

Click here

Amazon.com currently is listing factory refurb Zumo 550's for $488. I'm close to pulling the trigger...but am sceptical. The units are sold directly by Amazon, take 1-2 months to ship (I can handle that). But there is no mention of warranty on the listing.
Anyone have experience with refurbs? This sound like a good deal?

Click here
I saw those too, but if I'm dropping that much coin I want a warranty. Those may have it, but I also don't want to wait that long. Red Tag had them for 629 with free shipping...

I just recently picked up a refurbished Street-pilot 2720 from Amazon.

It sold for $110 & @ the time Amazon offered $30 off your first purchase if you signed up for their Visa card.

So after the rebate I got my unit for $80 bucks...

Serves my purpose just fine... Waterproof, updated 2008 maps etc...

The units are rebuilt by Garmin and come w/ a one year warranty...

DO IT!!! You know you want to... ;)

I'm running a refurbished Zumo 550 that came straight from Garmin after my original Zumo died. The refurb unit is better than the original ever was. Most likely, it had tigher QC than off the factory line. Not sure about refurb from non-Garmin source.. as long Garmin did the refurb... not some Amazon half-way house..

I got a ZUMO 550 refurb after my Zumo 550 new got stolen. The both worked great no difference at all. I got mine both from RadioWorld.

Josh

Spend another $150 and get the 550 from Garmin with the AMA warranty. They are selling the 550 and the 660 for the same price after discount but you will need to log into the discounts section of your AMA online membership to get the deal. The warranty is too important.

I have bought two refurbed Garmin units. When I received the units I called Garmin and registered them and had no problems at all.

The first one I sold and upgraded to a 550. I bought one from E-bay and the other from www.factoryoutletstore.com. I did not have to wait 1-2 months.

Good Luck!

Garmin-refurbed units are a pretty safe bet. I bought one of the many 2730s that were running around on eBay and honestly couldn't tell it from new. 1 year Garmin warranty, no problems registering, etc.

Now if only they'd make a MapSource program that doesn't suck...

I got the 2820 with the XM antenna for $280 this spring from www.getfeetwet.com; currently $315.

It came with garmin warranty. Love it.

I notice this site typically had the cheapest prices and all products came with warranties. Plus, free shipping for most of the units.