Registration and Check-in when you arrive at CFO--

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackson

Reaction score
When you get to CFO--- the Bavarian Inn-- at Custer, SD, stop by my room to Check-In and pick up your packet. I'll try to get a room right across from the office, but look for a CFO sign on the door.... like this...

08CFO-ShirtFront-small.jpg

Check-in will be officially open from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday. But I realize that not everyone will be there by then... don't sweat it if you arrive after that. Just look for me, and the sign on the door, and we'll get you checked in.

And, Marsha is going to help me prepare some snacks and munchies that will be available on Thursday during the 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. time period. Those of you who were at CFO last year will probably remember Marsha... she had the red Triumph Trophy. I'm glad she's coming again this year. We're Equal Opportunity.... all species of bikes are welcome. (I have it on good authority that the Harley that was at CFO last year has morphed into an FJR and will be there!! :) )

So, stop by Thursday evening, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and get some free snacks and your CFO packet.

I am going to drive my cage up to Custer Wednesday night to meet Devanator and others for dinner (at the Sage Creek Grill, 607 Mt. Rushmore Rd.), and also to bring up the armloads of swag for the drawings, which we'll store in his room overnight. Then Marsha and I will ride our bikes up to Custer on Thursday. We'll be there no later than mid-afternoon on Thursday.

SEE YOU IN A FEW DAYS!! :)

Bill Gabbert

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Glad to see Marsha will be there. She was enjoyable company last year.

I will be riding around most of the day on Thursday but will be there for check in.

I was hoping to go out to Mount Rushmore for the evening to see that with the lights on the side of the Mountain if any are up for that.

John and I will be there sometime early on Thursday.

I've never seen Rushmore in the dark. Sounds interesting...

Erik.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that my harley actually morphed, it's more like it gave birth. And a thing of beauty it is. Now I just need to find out who forgot to supply there bike with protection. It was a long hard labor but everything came out just fine. See you thursday.

Wandering Geezer

My sister was there last year. At night they take down the state flags and have a ceremony. I think it is each night. She said it was pretty spectacular. I will check on the sight and see what they have, maybe we can get a group to go. I'll have information at registration for everybody.

I have never been to the "Lighting Ceremony" but I think they have it each night. An old crusty firefighter friend of mine went to it once and said it is so touching it brought a tear to his eye.