Rhino Liner for side cases?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen a FJR with rhino bags....Vomit
Any good body shop can repaint them to look like new. Don't ask how I know.
I, too, have seen the entire side cover painted with Rhino Lining and it was not attractive at all. The commercial grade material they use on the truck beds has a more "splatter-type" finish. Those I've seen done that way were not so acceptable to me.

The Duplicolor stuff I bought at CSK is a little finer, more like a coarse flat-black. In fact, I painted my Givi topcase with it to cover the Cerulean color that matched my '04. I don't think the FJR would look terrible with the entife side case lid painted with this product. More like "rounded" C-10 cases. :unsure:

Here's the pics I promised:

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

The bottom half looks pretty good, and MM2 also did a nice job.

I've seen the bags done all in bed liner. It's not bad but not nearly as nice as original paint. If you really like the look, or if you just need the extra protection, go for it. If you want a lid painted like original I recommend you send it to forum member Garauld.

Last edited by a moderator:
No disrespect meant but, aside from the purely practical aspect of the bed liner stuff, I sure as heck wouldn`t go that route...just to butt ugly. I think the best approach is the 3M product, also know as number plate backing. Its available in clear, sticks like the dickens, pretty tough and you maintain the visual integrity of the bag...and its cheap! :assassin: But hey, thats me.

No disrespect meant but, aside from the purely practical aspect of the bed liner stuff, I sure as heck wouldn`t go that route...just to butt ugly. I think the best approach is the 3M product, also know as number plate backing. Its available in clear, sticks like the dickens, pretty tough and you maintain the visual integrity of the bag...and its cheap! :assassin: But hey, thats me.
Damn impractical Canadiens. :fuck:

That "clear" isn't likely to help hide the scratches he wants to cover......

....I'm just sayin'. :blink:

What's the difference between half rhino liner and what Honda does for there ST1300 (albeit it's plastic)?

They both serve the same purpose of protecting the underside of the bags.

2007-Honda-ST1300a.jpg