Rider down - Frushlorton - on the way home from EOM 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^^^^...Definitely like this, you are a good man mi Amigo Roberto...^^^^^^^
Totally agree! Don't think I can ever call you F You Bob again....lol A thousand likes!
Hey Bob if you keep doing these good deeds its going to ruin your reputation as it is currently known! You may even start to look taller?

All joking aside I am glad to be a member of the community you are representing and doing a fine job I might add.

Steve keep up the incredible recovery rate!

560c9f144db921af3a7f9446.jpg
Thank you for posting that picture. I can remember names and faces, but I have a hard time putting the two together. Now I know who Steve is.

Today's update:

The meds kept dad awake a lot last night. Lab was actually in throughout the night, about 4 am lab was taking blood when dad got a wonderful surprise, his sister Julie arrived all the way from Alabama! He didn't know she was coming, so that made his sleepless night a lot easier to deal with.

Bloodwork is still looking good, and x-ray still looks good...We are definitely happy about that!

Right now dad's biggest hurdle is getting through all the pain and also getting him off of the oxygen.

Madison brought up a button up shirt for dad to wear instead of the hospital gown, so mom helped him with some shorts and a shirt so he is more comfortable.
560d410e4db9211d03567bb1.jpg

Today's update:

The meds kept dad awake a lot last night. Lab was actually in throughout the night, about 4 am lab was taking blood when dad got a wonderful surprise, his sister Julie arrived all the way from Alabama! He didn't know she was coming, so that made his sleepless night a lot easier to deal with.

Bloodwork is still looking good, and x-ray still looks good...We are definitely happy about that!

Right now dad's biggest hurdle is getting through all the pain and also getting him off of the oxygen.

Madison brought up a button up shirt for dad to wear instead of the hospital gown, so mom helped him with some shorts and a shirt so he is more comfortable.

560d410e4db9211d03567bb1.jpg
Thank you so very much for this loving photo Tyler, I just know that Flushlorton - Steve is going to recover just fine!

Week after my brutal crash I knew I was going to make it, when I was able to resume having phone sex with 'Zilla!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to drop quick line to say thanks. First I would like to say I had a great time at my first EOM. I was finally able to meet some great people I had talked to or read about for so long. Second, my family really appreciates the support during our time of need. So many people have stepped up before I even realized I had a need, such as Bob going out of his way to get to the garage where my bike was taken, to retrieve all of my personal belongings and get them to Tammy. Even now he has stepped up to go to my house and walk my property/creek to make sure everything is clear so that with all the expected rain this weekend we won't have any issues to deal with. Tyler, always with her words and uplifting spirit. And frequent phone calls/posts from forum members with well wishes and prayers. My kids never knew I was this popular!! You have all made this difficult time so much easier. Thank you

Internal bleeding is now minimal, we are working on weaning from O2 and keeping pain management under control.

Very happy to see YOU posting. I don't think we had the opportunity to meet this past weekend, but you have been in my thoughts since I read the post from Mrs. Frushlorton. We are all hoping for a speedy recovery, and wishing you the best.

Steve, a quite a few of us have been where you are now for one reason or another.

In my personal experience, attitude, family and friends made a world of difference in the healing progress. You have a good supply of all three.

Heal well and quickly.

Dave Black

PS: If there is anything this group can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

I just wanted to drop quick line to say thanks. First I would like to say I had a great time at my first EOM. I was finally able to meet some great people I had talked to or read about for so long. Second, my family really appreciates the support during our time of need. So many people have stepped up before I even realized I had a need, such as Bob going out of his way to get to the garage where my bike was taken, to retrieve all of my personal belongings and get them to Tammy. Even now he has stepped up to go to my house and walk my property/creek to make sure everything is clear so that with all the expected rain this weekend we won't have any issues to deal with. Tyler, always with her words and uplifting spirit. And frequent phone calls/posts from forum members with well wishes and prayers. My kids never knew I was this popular!! You have all made this difficult time so much easier. Thank you Internal bleeding is now minimal, we are working on weaning from O2 and keeping pain management under control.
This post just made my day... BIG smile on my face seeing you posting, m'friend!! :wub:

In my personal experience, attitude, family and friends made a world of difference in the healing progress. You have a good supply of all three.
Amen to that... makes all the difference in the world and really glad that you are getting better in a relatively quick manner... but take your time and honor your body and your spirit. B)

Steve, Not sure if my wife and I actually spoke much to you at EOM but seeing the pictures I know we saw you if only briefly. Our thoughts and prayers have been with you since hearing about the accident and it is great to see you posting. Continued prayers for a speedy and full recovery. We'll be in Fredricksburg on the 11th for the Void Rally and if you're home would like to possibly stop in and check on you.

FYB, great job you're doing pitching in with everything for these folks. When we meet again I want to buy you a drink! You stand tall in my book!

"My kids never knew I was this popular!!"

You certainly are the star player in EOM 2015
pirate.gif
you have us all worried!

Was great meeting you and be thankful they didn't put chest tubes in you again
uhoh.gif

Spoke to Steve today for a few minutes - he agreed with me that this is not the preferred path to putting a new FJR in the garage, and broken ribs allow you to experience an entirely new level of pain!!

Solid progress, for sure - good to see you posting as well.

And hats off to Bob - a class act regardless of what Barry says...

Wayne

Well it looks like we all get to profit from Steve's accident. To achieve instant popularity on this forum all you have to do is crash your bike. (Unfortunately I learned that one myself the hard way)

I am greatly pleased to see things are going in the proper direction with his recovery. No doubt the presence of his wife and daughters has a positive effect.

I will join in with the others when I extend my compliments to Intech for Going Above and Beyond. That is one of the strengths of this forum. Well Done Bob.

So Steve... Have you heard what color the '16 FJR will be? It looks like you are a prime candidate for a new Gen3.
smile.png

Just seeing this. Glad the gear was worn and you are on the mend, all things considered. Heal up soon

Dang, it's great to see Steve posting on his own!! Good job man!!

I'm glad you're feeling better. It's small steps most times, but you'll get there. It's great to see you have so much family. Please keep keeping us updated!!

HRZ