RIP Beemerdons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read this post very heart breaking. It will not seem quite right to no longer see the 'K' bike with Don & Seth aboard. Hopefully Seth will have someone to take him for a spin once in a while. My condolences to both Donna and Seth. Rest easy Don you will be missed.

JayH

I'm truly saddened by the news. He was a great ride buddy and an awesome person. My heart and prayers are with him and his family.

Godspeed.

11088274_848812155166573_1045095440458809325_n.jpg

“So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?”
Hunter S. Thompson

I believe Don Stanley was truly a happy man.

RIP Don.

I'm planning on arriving on Friday evening and returning home on Sunday evening. There is a Holiday Inn about 2 miles from the mortuary so I'm going to make a reservation today for me and Barb... yes, Barb and I will be sharing a room and we know Don with give a hearty, HUBBA HUBBA & HUBBA!
wub.png
i feel a reeeeeeeelly bad hangover coming on....
Yeah, I'm not sure when it will stop.

For those who asked for one of the FREE memorial bumper stickers (see earlier notes in this thread), they arrived at my house today.

If you requested one and included your address via Private Message, I've prepared your envelope and will take them to the mail in the morning. If you forgot to send your address in your PM, I've sent you a new PM to ask for it.

The stickers appear to be of good quality ... true "bumper stickers." They are vinyl and are supposed to stand up to weather.

The company sent a few more than I'd ordered, so if you did not request one, and would like one, please send me a PM with your address.

If you asked for more than one, I was able to accommodate your request.

There is no cost to you, and I will not save your snail mail information. The only thing that you will get by requesting the free sticker is the free sticker.

Best,

Glen

My condolences to his friends and family..... From the photos that I have seen, he seems to have had a very happy life doing what he enjoyed.

Outta likes,

Thanks Glen, for such a great idea. When we cross paths, I would like to buy a shot of your favorite beverage.

Greg

I will join Airboss in posting a Hunter S. Thompson quote that is appropriate:

"Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…"

Don was not squeezed out of a tube...

If you requested a BeemerDonS JSNS sticker before 11 am today, it is in the mail. They've all gone first class in standard #10 envelopes.

If you don't get yours within the next week or so, let me know. I've still got a few that could be shared. And if you haven't asked for one yet, and you would like one, don't be bashful.
blushing.gif
Just PM me with your address and I'll send one along as long as they last.

I will join Airboss in posting a Hunter S. Thompson quote that is appropriate:
"Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…"
Although I'm not a Hunter Thompson fan, he did have a lot of ideas that are based on the old idea that

"You only go around once in life. Go for all the gusto you can!" ... from the old Schlitz beer "Gusto" advertising campaign.

For some reason I thought of this when I saw Tyler's original post. Don seemed like he was definitely going for it.

When I think of Hunter Thompson, I also think of Ernest Hemingway who, if I remember right, said

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."

More serious gusto grabbing
cigar.gif

PM sent. :)

For those who asked for one of the FREE memorial bumper stickers (see earlier notes in this thread), they arrived at my house today.
If you requested one and included your address via Private Message, I've prepared your envelope and will take them to the mail in the morning. If you forgot to send your address in your PM, I've sent you a new PM to ask for it.

The stickers appear to be of good quality ... true "bumper stickers." They are vinyl and are supposed to stand up to weather.

The company sent a few more than I'd ordered, so if you did not request one, and would like one, please send me a PM with your address.

If you asked for more than one, I was able to accommodate your request.

There is no cost to you, and I will not save your snail mail information. The only thing that you will get by requesting the free sticker is the free sticker.

Best,

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts