Roseville, CA, Roseville, Yamaha

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
FJR riders of North Central CA, or those passing through:

Roseville Yamaha is an excellent maintenance shop for the FJR. They service a lot of FJR's and know them well. The service manager had an '05 FJR, had to sell it as he and his lady have another kid due soon, but he gets another one in 07 so he knows the FJR, had ridden it, loves it and wants another. Just a great shop and my bike is happy I take it there.

Link

Ric-in-Sac called me yesterday citing "run-around" from another Sacramento dealer. I went to his house and wwe rode to Roseville Yamaha. Zac came out, listened to Rick's bike and declared it a "ticker". Took the mileage and the VIN and will call Cypress on Tuesday.

Great to deal with a knowledgeable Service Manager and good news that Rick doesn't have to "jump through hoops". BTW, they've repaired 3 tickers.

Ric-in-Sac called me yesterday citing "run-around" from another Sacramento dealer. I went to his house and wwe rode to Roseville Yamaha. Zac came out, listened to Rick's bike and declared it a "ticker". Took the mileage and the VIN and will call Cypress on Tuesday.
Great to deal with a knowledgeable Service Manager and good news that Rick doesn't have to "jump through hoops". BTW, they've repaired 3 tickers.
Roseville may also be the most experienced ticker repair shop. I know of no less than 4 tickers that were repaired there. Superb shop.

After NOT hearing back from Aftershocks...twice...I called Zac @ Roseville Yamaha. He ordered the Eibach front springs and other needed pieces to repair my leaking fork seal, then once the parts were in, I pulled the forks and delivered them to him on Saturday morning and he had them done for me at closing time.

I was able to get a couple of weeks riding on them before leaving for WFO. BTW, the front of the FJR is now SUPERB! Zac is the man and Roseville Yamaha is at the top of my "suggested dealers" in the Sacramento Valley (Much to the chagrin of the Yamaha dealer who sold me my FJR and is 5 miles from my house. They KNOW I send people to Roseville....uhm can you spell "c-u-s-t-o-m-e-r s-e-r-v-i-c-e?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus 1,000 GUNNIES! :clapping:

Under warranty Zac Nickel at Roseville Yamaha did the 17 mpg fix, replaced the Yamaha defective top trunk and mounting bracket, and discovered two cracked frame rails (cracked on both sides at the same spot) and replaced them in super fast time. Cost to me? $ 0.00. They also sell tires at dealer cost. Great dealer and super great service manager!!! :yahoo: :clapping:

Next to the "Cattleman" restaurant at Taylor Road and I-80 in Roseville, CA.

LC

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently had a bout of trouble with my '06 shutting off while moving. I decided to take it to Roseville Yamaha. This happened twice at night at very bad times. While I suspect the ignition switch, I was unable to cause it to fail completely so I am unable to say, for certain, the switch was the problem. Kudos to Yamaha, they replaced the switch under warranty. (I have a YES).

Zac Mickel went to bat for me on a cracked rear sub-frame. I had it replaced under warranty earlier. New cracks appeared. (Very possibly my fault.) I expected to pay for repair/replacement. We decided to have the sub frame welded and beefed up. Because of the expense involved, I decided to forgo having them check the valves. I could do them myself later.

Zac somehow convinced Yamaha to pick up the welding job under warranty. I was able to get the valves checked. (In spec.) I feel the sub-frame is now stronger than new! Yamaha obviously gives great credence to Zac. He closely supervises his technicians and he has some good ones! While I will continue to do most of the work on my FJR...I really rather be riding. I will use Roseville Yamaha and Zac for any work I can't or don't want to do myself. Zac knows his FJR's. He has done work for many NorCal FJR owners, including repairing Gen I tickers. Just ask Mad Mike and others about his work.

Contact Information:

Zac Mickel, Service Manager

Roseville Yamaha

2014 Taylor Road

Roseville, CA 95678

Tel. # (916) 784-2444

Wow! What great service I had from Roseville, CA Yamaha with Zac. My check engine light came on and took it in. Zac (Service Manager) gave it a ride and found a few things not working that were under warranty that I would not have noticed. As it turned out, my auto clutch system was nearly replaced. Zac kept diving deeper to find the real problem with the Yamaha rep instead of replacing a few parts and calling it good. He communicated well with me and was wonderful to work with. He was great!

He did not try to upsell me ... how refreshing! Their prices on other things were very fair (tires, 4K service).

If you are in Northern Ca and need service, Zac and Roseville Yamaha are definately on the "A List" to go to. He rides and FJR as well ...

Pat

[email protected]