Route from Portland/Vancouver

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eg23232

Reaction score
Going to be leaving for CFR on Wednesday 17 from the Pdx/Van area. So far going it alone, but welcome to have anyone join up. Going to take two days, most likely stopping in Coulee City area Weds night.

Gorge to Goldendale, Bickleton Hy, Mabton, then up to Soap Lake and Grand Coulee.

Next day, Nespelem to Cache Creek Rd over to Hy 21 up to Republic, Curlew Lake Rd, back on 21 and crossing the border at Danville, then from there up to Nakusp.

Will be hitting some of the Washington Destination Highways routes along the way.

Going to be leaving for CFR on Wednesday 17 from the Pdx/Van area. So far going it alone, but welcome to have anyone join up. Going to take two days, most likely stopping in Coulee City area Weds night.
Gorge to Goldendale, Bickleton Hy, Mabton, then up to Soap Lake and Grand Coulee.

Next day, Nespelem to Cache Creek Rd over to Hy 21 up to Republic, Curlew Lake Rd, back on 21 and crossing the border at Danville, then from there up to Nakusp.

Will be hitting some of the Washington Destination Highways routes along the way.
A bunch of us Puget Sounders will be in Republic will be rolling thru Republic that day, who know when?

Eic,

I have a similar route, but haven't decided whether to do it in one day vs. two. If I decide to do it in two days, we may start out together and then meet up again along the way. I was planning on going up the Gorge to Lyle, Up the Klickitat to Goldendale then on to Yakima on 95 to pick up Wapato Dam checkpoint then on to Rock Island dam on the Columbia, then Dry Falls Dam on my way to Grand Coulee. I will be going through Soap Lake on the way. Then on to Republic on the same route you noted. I would go to Republic for the first day, if I do it in two days. If done in two days, it would allow you to get into Nakusp early afternoon or it would give you time to head east to 3A and then go north through Kootenay Bay and head west at Kaslo to Nakusp.

2andFromCFR_4day.jpg

Just some thoughts.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to deal with the SO. Will be bored out of my fricking mind on the trip up. Leaving at noon on Wed, only riding 300 or so miles. Probably just slab it for the most part to get it over with.

Really wondering why I bother.

Ken, yes it's pretty similar route. I am definitely doing two days. I don't want to rush and I plan on stopping for pictures frequently. That's why I was thinking of making Coulee City area the stop (unfortunately the Dam isn't open for tours and they're not doing the laser show right now). But as your plans firm up, give me a shout and maybe we can start out and/or meet up along the way.

Ken, yes it's pretty similar route. I am definitely doing two days. I don't want to rush and I plan on stopping for pictures frequently.
Ditto. I'm going to be looking for BARNS to shoot, especially early in the morning.

Edit: See you all in Nakusp.