Rt 311 kicked my butt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear this Jim, glad you were able to walk away.

Highway pegs are for cruisers man! :skull:

Hope the ol' body heals faster than the bike does, and you're back in the saddle soon. Sounds like I made a right choice in attaching my forward pegs to the frame sliders, rather than under the tranny.

Glad you are okay. That's a good ass pucker moment and you had time to think and it sounds like you did the right thing under the circumstance.

Just want to make it clear to everyone here..........crashing is not a competition! :p

For some reason I felt the urge to post that reminder. :blink:

Hope you heal up soon.

At the rate of claims the insurance industry will reclassify the FJR from tourer to sport bike, ouch! :glare:

Glad you're ok. Sounds like you're pushing your FJR to (oops, I mean past) its sport/touring limits. Perhaps it's time to make to the switch to a GSX-R1000 or R-1? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim,

I am glad to hear that you walked away with minimal injuries - the bike can be repaired/replaced. Learn from it but don't let it discourage you, you ride because you love it.

Third, we have had quite a a rash of wrecks lately. Everyone just remember, it CAN happen to you. Please wear your full gear if you are going to push it.

I think we should wear full gear whether we are pushing it or not

Glad that you are ok Jim

Sorry to hear about this.

I was expecting you to say that it was a patch of gravel that bit you, but I guess you would have been prepared for that.

This is the second time that I know of where a highway peg bracket cut the hose coming out of the water pump. No highway pegs for me.

Glad you walked away... it's an awful feeling when you realize there's no saving it. There sure are a lot of applicants to the crash club lately. :unsure:

Geez Jim, that totally sucks....You could of at least done that on the KLR instead and the entire fixit it bill would have been about $45.00. I've included a picture of your jacket and helmet in happier times. Hope your feeling OK.

(looking at this picture it just occurred to me that 3 out of the 4 have crashed within the past year :unsure: )

DSCF2722.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about yer troubles there Jim. Mainly glad to hear you weren't hurt worse than you were or hit a tree or went off the cliff...

Good to hear your ok!

Get that bike fixed without the Harley bars!

I really enjoyed that road at EOM this year, until the Ozark dude got a flat :glare:

Jim, Jim, Jim... Sheesh. While I am very glad your dents are no deeper than they are, I must say that I feel that I am some what to blame for this incident and others. It seems that since I crashed, there has been a rash of crashes. "Women want me, men want to be me." This is the unfortunate result of the mantra: "I wanna be like Scab." People, please. There is only one me. So, STOP CRASHING! Trying to emulate me, while admirable and flattering, is really not going to help you get laid. Hell, I am me and it doesn't even help me! Again, STOP CRASHING!!!!

Heal quickly, my friend! If you need anything, just holler.

Jim,

We have all looked at the corner coming a little too close - you just got a little closer. Glad you're ok - the bike will fix just fine.

Mark

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. The road angels were definintely looking over me.

Dad and I were out on one of our regular walks when he asked what happened, I looked and him and said - "Simple, I wasn't as good as I thought I was." I'm a big boy (figuratively and literally) and readily accept responsibity for my dumbassed squidliness.

I knew if I posted anything about the highway pegs, it was likely to be construed as an excuse - NOT my intention at all. It was just informational and to be taken for whatever it is worth. Two independent observers that were not prompted in any way agreed that I would have quite likely rounded the turn w/o incident if not for the postition of those pegs. One was one of VA's finest as he circled my bike taking a look shortly before sharing a performance award; and the other was Bruce of Freedom Motorsports (whom some you have met) as he came out to look at my bike while it was still in the pickup Sat when I arrived at the dealer. Both these guys have plenty of experience with bashed sickles.

Slow down a little y'all cause crashing sucks,

Jim