RTE Central Florida for June

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fljab

Reaction score
I decided to start a new thread and will put the info that was on a post by me after the Solomon's Castle RTE. We need to pick a date, and June is busy for me. I'm leaving June 7 through the 13th for the Hoagy's Heroes LD run here:

https://www.hoagysheroes.org/index.php/all-events/11-hoagys-heroes-insane-ride-week-2016

And also the FJR get together in Red Lodge, MT - I think that run is like June 25-28 (correct me if I'm wrong!), so figure 2-3 days extra on each end to do the trip.

So, that leaves the weekend of June 21/22 for me.EDIT: The first weekend of June 4/5 would work, too.

It was suggested to do something up in my neck of the woods; I did a somewhat detailed info on what's available locally to me in the 3rd page of the Solomon's Castle topic. Reprinted here:

On the next RTE, when @ Solomon's Castle I was thinking of High Tides Flagler Beach:

https://www.snackjacks.com/

This place has great fish tacos and other menu items and I've been there a number of times. Another beach spot, but often really busy, is Breakers on New Smyrna Beach:

https://breakersnsb.com/

I go to Breakers fairly often as it's pretty close to beautiful Mims.

Speaking of Mims, we have a decent BBQ place, Louis Bar BQ; no website that I can find, but coordinates are: 28.6561198,-80.8423567

Immediately next door is Honeysuckle, which is a southern home style restaurant. They are pretty good, too. Both come up on Google maps, so you can read reviews and menu.

Moving South, there is Grilles @ Port Canaveral:

https://www.grillsseafood.com/

There are actually 2 of these, the second one is on the river down by Melbourne. I've been to the Port Canaveral Grilles many times over the yrs, and in fact it used to be just a little tiki bar 20+ yrs ago when I started going. Pretty good place, but really busy on the weekends. I've only been to the Melbourne location a couple of times. It's a duplicate of the Port location one, but newer and better parking. The Port IMO is still better as you can see the cruise ships going in and out, plus maybe a submarine if one is in port over @ NOTU across from Grilles.

My wife & I usually go to Fish Lips which is a short walk along the waterfront from Grilles. There are other choices, but I don't know them as well.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
June 4/5 would not be good for me........wifey's birthday weekend and need to build some points up
rolleyes.gif

Ha, maybe I can make THIS one. Family emergency killed my schedule for the Solomon's Castle run last week. Count me in and I'll be watching. Gotta get some extra miles on my original CT so I can talk myself into putting the new one on.

Gary

darksider #44

Just a little over 3 hours for me to that area, so I would be up for one.

I would be out if it was on the first weekend in June.

But hey you just have to pick a date that works for the most people.

It's nice we are doing these more often. That way if you miss one there is another one coming

up not too far off.

So, tentative date is June 18? My post above dates are wrong; I must have been looking at May -

Votes for place? Or go with High Tides in Flagler Beach?

Plan A - Be nice and take votes and get a consensus.

Plan B - Do like I did. Name a place, time and date and throw out and invite. Worked well for me and for Tony about a

month later. We had good attendance at both events.

Seriously, I don't know that area really well. I would rather a local just pick the place.

I'm with Dan, just pick a spot that you like, and I'm sure we'll like it too.

As far as a date, you'll never get one that everyone is happy with, so roll the dice and see what happens. It always seems that what no matter what date is picked, some will have back out because of life's happenings. Marie and I plan on being there.

If this is an open ride I would be interested. Just moved to Jacksonville about 6 weeks ago. Looking for local week day rides if anyone is interested. Everett

They're normally at noon.

What time? I'll have my double darkside mounted by then.
Yes, it's an open ride, ride where you want, when you want.
If this is an open ride I would be interested. Just moved to Jacksonville about 6 weeks ago. Looking for local week day rides if anyone is interested. Everett
Count Marie and I in. :superman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts