Saddle Sore 1K ride report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clovis

Reaction score
I did this route last weekend but over two days. Noticed that I was averaging around 500 miles per 8 hours and figured this would be a great route for a SS1K I've been wanting to do for years.

Ride report will go here. Hoping to take some pictures, write up a good report. Maybe even a video.

Leaving tomorrow morning.

The route: https://goo.gl/maps/l1UtT

I'll have my live location turned on and recording the trip from my iPhone.

My channel number is 22614

https://gps.motionx.com/iphone/liveupdates/

Wish me luck!

Clovis

Cool app! Looks like he has been sitting at Cucharas Pass for a lonnnnnnggggggg time for an iron butt attempt.

Cool app! Looks like he has been sitting at Cucharas Pass for a lonnnnnnggggggg time for an iron butt attempt.
The App requires a data signal to send position updates. He may not have one there. I guess it will catch up when the signal is restored. This, and data-roaming charges, are why I prefer SPOT.

In Chama, nm. 451 miles and 7 1/2 Hours in so far. Heading to Pagosa springs Colorado next. The. Durango and million dollar highway. Perfect day for riding!

Made it through Durango, now at the base of the million dollar highway, 29 miles north of Durango and 590 miles into the day. Having an absolute blast. Ran into moderate traffic from Pagosa Springs through Durango but should be mostly traffic free until Montrose and then from there out. I'm thinking I'll get home between 830 and 9 this evening. Averaging 55 mph accounting for all stops, breaks.

im definately starting to feel a little fatuqie but nothing I can't push through.

Re: Saddle Sore 1K ride report

Leaving Montrose now. On to the black canyon!

million dollar highway was as amazing as ever. Lots of RVs and fifth wheelers though. At least their easy to pass, just have to make your way through the caravan of cars piled up behind them.

667 miles so far on the gps odometer (690 on the bikes trip odo).

having so much fun!! I'm not sure why so many people choose to get their saddle sore by hoping on the interstate and heading 500 miles in one direction and then turning around... Unless that's your only option. Seems like a waste of a good day of riding.

I'm home, safe and sound.

1005 miles per the GPS which matches up with my route. 18 1/2 hours.

Started 4:25 AM, finished 11:00 PM.... departing this mornign seems like such a distant memory at the point.

Epic ride! I have a ziplock bag full of gas station receipts, a million pictures and a 32gb SD card full of rip roaring FJR action that I'll (one day) get around into editing. As silly as it sounds, completing this ride feels like a real acomplishment.

I was having a blast up until the sun went down. The last 2 1/2 hours in the dark seemed to take forever. So glad I got Justin's LED lights a couple weeks back, they made all the difference.

I'll write up a report with pretty pictures and funny stories tomorrow... for now my first priority is a shower and second is to find some dinner!

Congrats on your SS. I did a CO instate SS few years ago at NAFO and it was a blast. One of the the best long distance rides I have done. Looking forward to the pics.

woohoo! now on to the pix!

...no pix, it didn't happen, right?
flirt.gif

I was going to post pictures today... but it's a perfect day for riding. Going to use up the last of tires on the FZ1 (mini FJR) and report back.

Oh, and FWIW, spotted Richard Branson of Virgin driving a Porsche Cayenne in Apsen..