Saturday Hwy 49 ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff D

Reaction score
I was planning on going for a ride Saturday. From the Citrus Heights/Roseville area up Hwy 49 through Downeville, Sierra City then over to Satley and over 89 back to 80. If time permits take the West side of Lake Tahoe around to 50 and head back otherwise continue over 80. Anyone game?

I was planning on going for a ride Saturday. From the Citrus Heights/Roseville area up Hwy 49 through Downeville, Sierra City then over to Satley and over 89 back to 80. If time permits take the West side of Lake Tahoe around to 50 and head back otherwise continue over 80. Anyone game?
I could be talked into doing it on Sunday.

Might see you en route, (sounds like a great ride and I'm overdue for a run on those twisties by Sattley) but I can't commit. Wife may still be recovering from an allergic rxn (can you say full-body rash?). IF she feels well tomorrow a.m., I get to play motorcycles. If not, I get to play tricycles. Win-Win.

If time permits take the West side of Lake Tahoe around to 50 and head back otherwise continue over 80. Anyone game?
Jeff, if you have to come back down 80, you might consider getting off in Truckee and riding along the shore of Donner Lake. Then, stay on that road and it will take you up the Old Donner Grade. Rather than getting back on the interstate, stay on the secondary road (its the old Hwy 40) as it crosses over and under I-80, along the American River. When you get down to Cisco Grove the road will end at a campground, so get on I-80 at that point.

MadMike2 - do you have gps route for that ride?

I want to take the loverly to Harringtons sometime this summer....

JeffD

Wife just gave the green light, so I should be pulling out of Roseville by 7:15 - 7:30 unless you'd prefer a later tee time. I'll check the board right before I hit the trail to see if you still want to go.

RsvlFeej (Patrick)

JeffD
Wife just gave the green light, so I should be pulling out of Roseville by 7:15 - 7:30 unless you'd prefer a later tee time. I'll check the board right before I hit the trail to see if you still want to go.

RsvlFeej (Patrick)

Gone.

DRAT!! I'm in the area and I didn't check the forum until it was too late :(
FWIW - I-80 from Tahoe to Sacramento sucks in a LOT of places.
On I-80 or Hwy 50?

I-80 is boring, but my little side road adventure keeps it nicer and only costs about 1/2-1 hour. Hwy 50 is a bit nicer (mostly 2 lane in the high elevations) but slower cars can make it a droning trip.

Both of them are just Slabs once you are below 3,000 feet altitude, that's be Placerville on Hwy 50 or Auburn on I-80. Then there's the fun of riding in the Sacramento traffic as the highways bottleneck. :angry: