SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DQ means that you showed up, paid your entrance fees, qualified, started the race, but were disqualified
Thanks for clarifying that... because I though that DQ was eating ice cream on the course.

Put me down as a probable maybe. Looks like another Canadian invasion!
Fred- That has been your standard response for the last two years. I don't think you have a motorcycle anymore!
fool.gif

Fred- That has been your standard response for the last two years. I don't think you have a motorcycle anymore!
fool.gif
Bob, you gonna ride Ohio this time? All those tasty Ramble routes and you guys visit a hot dog stand across the river.
fool.gif

Bob, you gonna ride Ohio this time? All those tasty Ramble routes and you guys visit a hot dog stand across the river.
fool.gif
I know! What was up with that? Mind you, Jim and I buggered off to the New River Gorge on the Sunday. Course, we ran down 16 the entire way (great road!)

Fred- That has been your standard response for the last two years. I don't think you have a motorcycle anymore! :fool:
Hey! I was there in May. Don't ya remember?

Almost made it to the hot dog place too, but that's another story.

Just for that, I'm telling "spanky" you were two up!

fool.gif
I know! What was up with that? Mind you, Jim and I buggered off to the New River Gorge on the Sunday. Course, we ran down 16 the entire way (great road!)
Yeah, that 16, especially just south of I-79 looks sweeeet!

Last edited by a moderator:
fool.gif
Hey! I was there in May. Don't ya remember?

Almost made it to the hot dog place too, but that's another story.

Just for that, I'm telling "spanky" you were two up!
I can vouch for you, Fred, seeing as we shared a room for a coupla days. You had riding gear, but come to think of it, I don't recall seeing your motorcycle.....
grin.gif

fool.gif
Yeah, that 16, especially just south of I-79 looks sweeeet!
16 is my favourite road especially the stretch between Tazwell and Marion. It's got a name now though, Back of the Dragon.

This is Moosehead and I running it. The video isn't highlights, it's the entire thing, unedited.

Half a year - that's a debbie downer point of view!

Let's see - 2 May 2014 is just 156 days away, or 42.7% of a year, OR just 111 working days (based on typical, 5 day work week).

So really, it's just around the corner. Time to order a set of uber sticky tires for the SM...

ODOT "improved" a section of 26,taking out some of those nasty curves we all despise.

Flatter,straighter,more boring...nothing to see here folks.

I hear tell there's some good riding down around Tennessee way.

ODOT "improved" a section of 26,taking out some of those nasty curves we all despise.
Flatter,straighter,more boring...nothing to see here folks.

I hear tell there's some good riding down around Tennessee way.
yea...I rode through that section of 26, a few weeks ago...WTF?