SE Ohio Ramble Home Safe Check-In Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a boring weekend on all those straight, flat and boring roads. The stop and go traffic in Toronto was much more fun.
no.gif

Thanks to Wayne to making the ride happen, Marty for the Basecamp magic and all those that scouted out the routes. It was big fun after such a loooooong winter.
cold.gif

By the way there were ice flows in the Niagara River as I crossed back over the Peace Bridge in Buffalo on the way home and the outside air temp gauge in the Highlander was showing 40oF (8oC). The truck and trailer was the right call for getting there and back.
Nothing wrong with trailering...

Riding in comfort!
smile.png

Same agenda as Wine Guy as we rode together up to Kane PA (for a late lunch at 2:30pm) and then split our paths. I took the long way down at 599.9 mi. and a tad shorter coming back 535mi (No Interstates). About 1700mi rounded down a bit for the complete Ramble trek/routes for me.

Super good time, even better meeting everyone and reuniting past friendships. Big thanks to Wayne and Marty

Wine Guy and wnyfjr... I'll see you guys in 3 weeks at the Wellsboro PA Run :)

Brenda & I made it home about 8:45 last night....easy drive in the pickup
bye.gif
, even had a chance to stop for a nice relaxing lunch in Lexington.

Home and unpacked here...hit enough rain on the way back that I was sure glad we were trailering.

Made it back around 1:30, and after unloading my trailer and loading up Tim's (and replacing a light on his trailer), he and LeAnne took off around 2:!5. Looks like they've still got about 45 minutes until they make it home.

Thanks again Wayne for putting this together, and to Andy for leading us around Saturday.

Glad to have met you all and put faces to many of the names on here, hope to see you again soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I couldn't join you guys this past weekend. Family gig I needed to attend.

Also sorry about that damned wind. It has been fierce this whole year.

Hopefully, if there's a return engagement I'll be able to join y'all.

Got back about 5 today. Rode from the flat boring roads of Ohio to the really flat boring roads of Indiana. Out of 400 some miles, 150 miles of cold wet crap. Rode back with WheatonFJR and OFace - they still have to ride through Shitcahgo.haha Had a great time - Thanks Wayne and Marty for organizing

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim and I rolled into Sudbury around noon today.

Thanks and I'll see you all again soon!

Thanks to everyone who helped put it together and a special thanks to Wayne (EM) for leading a great ride with a fun group to The Iron Pony on Friday. And just when I thought I'd never find another ride like that ever again Mark (Wheaton) did a super job leading a great group around the East loop on Saturday. Many thanks!
Scott, it was nice to meet you and the others in our group on Saturday. For six people that hadn't ridden with each other before, I think it turned out pretty good. I had a lot of fun with all y'all!

The ZOOOM family is now home too!

1670 miles in total for the trip down and back and one day at the Ramble.

I'm not sure how it happened but we hit no rain down, and no rain back :)

We had a really great time riding with Scott, Allen, Carl & Wheaton. We were a great team!! Thanks for doing a great job leading us, Wheaton!!

Many thanks to Wayne & Marty for setting up the dates, the place, and the routes.

It was really fun meeting new folks and getting re-acquainted with others. We wish we could have spent more time rambling.

PS We were sorry Fred couldn't join us.

The ZOOOM family is now home too!1670 miles in total for the trip down and back and one day at the Ramble.

I'm not sure how it happened but we hit no rain down, and no rain back :)

We had a really great time riding with Scott, Allen, Carl & Wheaton. We were a great team!! Thanks for doing a great job leading us, Wheaton!!

Many thanks to Wayne & Marty for setting up the dates, the place, and the routes.

It was really fun meeting new folks and getting re-acquainted with others. We wish we could have spent more time rambling.

PS We were sorry Fred couldn't join us.
See, you had a good time and didn't hit any rain...you almost didn't make the trip down!

It was great meeting and riding with you and Jim. Us '14ES owners need to band together!
grin.gif

John and I got back around 6:30. Thanks Wayne for organizing this. Special thanks to Denny for Saturday's run, it was great. Nice to see old friends and meet new ones. See you all again soon, I hope

Mike

Made it back from Nick's without incident about 4:45. Enough time to unload the truck and trailer. LeAnne went to get Brady and I went to bring the trailer back, pay for the car repairs, and play golf.

Thanks to Wayne for throwing it together, really enjoyed the routes. Thanks to Andy for showing us around and being patient with me and LeAnne as we brought up the rear.

Next step is to give the bike a bath.