Sena 20s Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom,

That's why I'm trying to get my SM10 working. My ZUMO/XM 550 has stereo but only mono bluetooth out. With my SM10 hardwired to the GPS I get XM stereo..Then I hardwired by radar detector to the SM10 and set the radar as first priority.

This setup worked well with my Sena SMH10 and I hope it does the same with the 20S.

Had same issues with fm and speakers

Run the right speaker wire over the inside top of the helmet......It has improved reception

Also moved the speakers in closer to the ears with the foam pads provided... Sound has been perfect

Had to return the first unit due to faulty lock and release button....(when removing the unit from helmet press down on unit and then press release button... You should hear a click and it releases without issue

I'm going to go the SR10 route this winter so that I can integrate my Adaptive RD.

Initially paired phone as First Bluetooth and TomTom as second. May change that around as I liked the way the TomTom Rider handles phone calls.

Due for a new phone in December, will see what I get and how it works.

Hardly ever as in almost never listen to music from my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking to the 20s as a solution to be able to get GPS, listen to music (from the GPS) and have helmet-to-helmet communications with the Mrs. when she is riding with me. My current Schuberth bluetooth (a Scala product) takes away my music when my helmet is connected to the Mrs. helmet.

From what I have read above, it looks like the 20s is not quite ready for prime-time yet. I will be watching this thread to see if the software updates solve the issues.

I currently am using a SMH10 and don't have any real issues with it. It is paired to my Zumo 350LM, iPhone and my wife's SMH10. What I am most interested about with the 20S is the Advanced Noise Control. Sana states on their web page that "20S comes equipped with Advanced Noise Control technology, a new feature to the Sena Bluetooth product line up. The noise control technology efficiently suppresses the wind noise from motorcycle riding without distorting original voice during intercom conversation. The Advanced Noise Control™ helps to reduce audio interruptions such as wind and outside elements from the environment."

For those of you have one of these does it work? Is it worth the cost of the upgrade just to the Advanced Noise Control?

I have the Bose Quit Comfort 15 head phones for whenIi travel by air and love them. They keep the noise down and allow me to listen to music at a much lower volume making it easier on the hearing. If the 20S gives me the same benefitIi would pick up one up in a hart beat.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have/had a G9 that I used when Festar and I were riding this summer. I was paired to his SMH10 and it was quite noisy whenever we were paired. The SMH10 transmitted a lot of wind noise etc.

When he switched to a new 20 the noise went away, it doesn't matter which device I paired with, my G9 or my 20 there was no more noise.

I really like the ambient noise feature which allows one to press a button with ones helmet on and hear what is going on outside like at the gas pump etc....

I have/had a G9 that I used when Festar and I were riding this summer. I was paired to his SMH10 and it was quite noisy whenever we were paired. The SMH10 transmitted a lot of wind noise etc.
When he switched to a new 20 the noise went away, it doesn't matter which device I paired with, my G9 or my 20 there was no more noise.

I really like the ambient noise feature which allows one to press a button with ones helmet on and hear what is going on outside like at the gas pump etc....
Thanks for the response.

Does it have any impact on the wind noise from your own helmet when you are listing to music? Or just the noise from other units when you are paired?

Does it have any impact on the wind noise from your own helmet when you are listing to music? Or just the noise from other units when you are paired?
Not exactly certain what you are asking me?

The 20's seem to do an excellent job of canceling ambient noise and preventing it from being transmitted to others both on the intercom and as I discovered today, over the cell phone as well.

I haven't listened to any music other than on the FM radio and it was fine both with and without earplugs.

Not exactly certain what you are asking me?

The 20's seem to do an excellent job of canceling ambient noise and preventing it from being transmitted to others both on the intercom and as I discovered today, over the cell phone as well.

I haven't listened to any music other than on the FM radio and it was fine both with and without earplugs.
You answered my question. I was looking to find out how well it does on the ambient noise.

Thanks for posting up more of your thoughts on the 20s.... with future firmware updates and the track history of the 10s, I think I'm going to take the leap and order today... woman and I seriously need some comms.

Should work well with my S4 running maps and music. Don't need multiple paring scenarios myself.

Well I'm glad I held off then, I would much rather support BIKE EFFECTS !

I have had years and years of great service from Jeff... Thanks for posting here.

And Purchased.... Thanks buddy

Can't beat the forum discount price !

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought the Sena 10 dual pack. As always, Jeff answered all my questions plus fast service and I still get the FJR forum discount even though I sporting a Wingabago.

+1 Bike effects.com

I just bought the Sena 10 dual pack. As always, Jeff answered all my questions plus fast service and I still get the FJR forum discount even though I sporting a Wingabago.+1 Bike effects.com
Yea, but I forgot to tell you that now you have to come over and buy me lunch. Didn't you read the fine print?

I just got back from a 2,000 mile ride with two buddies that have the Sena10. Jerry has had his longer than Bob so he was getting Bob up to speed. I had nothing so all I heard was "you gotta get one of these."

So, I'm interested but only for bike-to-bike communication with Jerry and Bob, nothing else. I don't need or want to listen to music or anything else. Is the Sena10 overkill for this? I would only be using this when I ride with them (or anyone else with a Sena) whic will not be that often.

Dan

Got my Sena 20s pair delivered yesterday from Bike Effects.... Thanks Jeff...

However - one of the units doesn't work properly, installed, paired - comms works fine, but when trying to play music either shared music, or just paired with its own phone - no go.... there is very very little volume and when dialed volume up even close enough to barely hear it - it goes into feedback screeching through the speakers..... sound is very scratchy as well like something has a bad connection somewhere...

Firmware was updated to latest 2.1 out of the box before install on both - then even tried a second time on faulty unit in case it didn't take properly... still no go....

Will have to wait on Jeff @ Bike Effects on how to proceed...

Latest posts