Sena 20s Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Sena 20s pair delivered yesterday from Bike Effects.... Thanks Jeff...
However - one of the units doesn't work properly, installed, paired - comms works fine, but when trying to play music either shared music, or just paired with its own phone - no go.... there is very very little volume and when dialed volume up even close enough to barely hear it - it goes into feedback screeching through the speakers..... sound is very scratchy as well like something has a bad connection somewhere...

Firmware was updated to latest 2.1 out of the box before install on both - then even tried a second time on faulty unit in case it didn't take properly... still no go....

Will have to wait on Jeff @ Bike Effects on how to proceed...
What do you have the Bluetooth volume set to on the phone?

Hmmm not sure, that was my my woman's phone... I will have to take a look at that when I get home. I still have both units, got a call into sena, but haven't heard back.

Thanks for the tip.

At first was only shared with the other 20s unit. So the phones Bluetooth was the same.

Then I shut the original unit paired to my phone off. Paired it with my woman's phone checked to make sure the audio boost was enabled, it was not, enabled it, no difference... I'll check it out again though