SFO 2008!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michelle, I think I mentioned this when we last spoke. My group still isn't 100% but we do have reservations. Staffing has been a nightmare lately with resource assignments changing almost on a daily basis. As of right now it's still green.

Michelle, I think I mentioned this when we last spoke. My group still isn't 100% but we do have reservations. Staffing has been a nightmare lately with resource assignments changing almost on a daily basis. As of right now it's still green.
yep! just let me know when you do.

people's plans change. we'll gain and lose a few here and there as it gets closer. its all good!

5 weeks to go and then vacation time!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=24pt]63 bikes and 79 people!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]there could be a little fun happenin in ES that weekend! :D [/SIZE]
:blink: Man, that definitely is a boatload of people and bikes; I would say that's four or five times the number of bikes and people we had for the intimate gathering in October.

We may need a traffic cop!

Looking forward to the gathering and praying for great weather on all the days!

I just talked to Candy at the hotel and our block of rooms is now over with. You can still get the discount but time is of the essence! 90% of the hotel is booked!! That means there are about 8 rooms left. If you want to come to SFO, don't wait any longer to get your room. They are almost gone!!

I just talked to Candy at the hotel and our block of rooms is now over with. You can still get the discount but time is of the essence! 90% of the hotel is booked!! That means there are about 8 rooms left. If you want to come to SFO, don't wait any longer to get your room. They are almost gone!!
Just made my reservation. There are still some rooms left. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Now I have to decide whether to ride the FJR or FZ-1. Seems like the choice would be easy for an FJR rally, but I haven't done the Ozarks on the newly acquired FZ-1 yet.

Seems like the choice would be easy for an FJR rally, but I haven't done the Ozarks on the newly acquired FZ-1 yet.

Bring the FZ-1, we know what an FJR looks like and you need to go exploring on it.

But you have to promise to wait up for us if you do ride the FZ-1.

4 weeks to go and 5 more people just signed up! :clapping:

Sorry guys,

I have to cancel SFO... :(

I am riding out to Laughlin,NV that weekend to meet my 2 half brothers that i never knew i had until after my mom died.

Family first right?

I am sure this will be a record setting SFO this year, And i wish everyone a safe and fun trip!

Adam

(I called and canceled my room, So another is available)

MKO Bring both, you can ride one Friday, then the other Saturday!
Yamaha advises against overloading the trunk on the FJR, but I didn't see a similar warning on the FZ-1's Givi trunk. Hmmm....

I have already been warned about keeping both wheels on the ground. I don't think strapping an FJR on the back is gonna help with that. Of course trailering either bike anywhere, except the dealer for repairs, kinda defeats the whole pupose. But it would be nice to have both bikes in the Ozarks.

Hi folks,

This will be my first short road trip on my new AE and first SFO rally. A real virgin!

Just registered and reserved room so looking foward to being there.

Robert

Robert,

Virgin huh? Be careful with this group. Just kidding. Welcome! I'm looking forward to riding with another proud AE owner.

You'll have a good time at SFO!

Awwwwwwwwww...............fresh meat. Gonna have us some good tastin' wabbit stew.

Is there a "meet & greet" friday in the hotel parking lot/conference room? Or where do we go to tell whoever that we made it?
This rocks...I wanna pack now.
I will have a registration table set up Thursday afternoon for check-in. I'll get you your packet of goodies then. After that, feel free to greet and meet the rest of the night. Thursday evening will be a great chance for everyone to mingle and discuss routes and riding styles for Friday morning's departure. There are no formal dinner plans so feel free to check out downtown too. I'm sure the same thing will happen again Friday night for Saturday's ride.

Is there a "meet & greet" friday in the hotel parking lot/conference room? Or where do we go to tell whoever that we made it?
I will have a registration table set up Thursday afternoon for check-in. I'll get you your packet of goodies then. After that, feel free to greet and meet the rest of the night. Thursday evening will be a great chance for everyone to mingle and discuss routes and riding styles for Friday morning's departure. There are no formal dinner plans so feel free to check out downtown too. I'm sure the same thing will happen again Friday night for Saturday's ride.

ok, ok

I see I'm going to have to choose my words very carefully around you folks (just kidding).

I love this! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.