SFO 2008!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I'm in and planning on driving up from Ruston Louisiana on Thursday.

Looking forward to seeing some other FJR's

Is there a "meet & greet" friday in the hotel parking lot/conference room? Or where do we go to tell whoever that we made it?
This rocks...I wanna pack now.
I will have a registration table set up Thursday afternoon for check-in. I'll get you your packet of goodies then. After that, feel free to greet and meet the rest of the night. Thursday evening will be a great chance for everyone to mingle and discuss routes and riding styles for Friday morning's departure. There are no formal dinner plans so feel free to check out downtown too. I'm sure the same thing will happen again Friday night for Saturday's ride.
I meant Thursday, thanks for picking up on my meaning :)

SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!

(for those that can't discern my interest in riding after winter)

65 bikes and 86 people B)

did i mention that the hotel is already talking about next year.... :lol:

Being an FNG, will we get name tags to identify all these folks? Bambi and I get confused easily (she's blond, I'm an engineer).

yep! they will be in your rally packs when you check in on Thursday.

If you not showing up until Friday, I'll be around late Saturday afternoon after a ride and can hook you up before Happy Hour so you'll have everything before supper.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they're already banning us from the hotel for next year. . .before we even show up this year. :huh:

David

p.s. Did you ask if pizza in the parking lot was acceptable?

Is that 65 counting the ones that will be doing the camping?
If you have registered your bike with Michelle, then the bike total is correct even if you're camping.

If you registered and let her know how many people are in your party if you're riding or driving, then the people count is correct even if your camping.

So they're already banning us from the hotel for next year. . .before we even show up this year. :huh:

David

u know me....of course not! ;)

David

u know me....of course not! ;)
We have to do Pizza in the parking lot again! ....and liquor!

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!" :rolleyes:

Flapsup!

Flapsup!
I'm just trying to figure out how to strap the liquor cabinet to the passenger seat this year. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

David

Flapsup!
I'm just trying to figure out how to strap the liquor cabinet to the passenger seat this year. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

David
I thought somebody said much earlier on that this was not a dry county, so you don't have to carry your own. I hope that's the case so I don't have to bring the trailer!

Flapsup!

David
I thought somebody said much earlier on that this was not a dry county, so you don't have to carry your own. I hope that's the case so I don't have to bring the trailer!
ES is not dry! However, don't use that as an excuse to leave the trailer behind. :unsure:

ES is not dry! However, don't use that as an excuse to leave the trailer behind. :unsure:
I didn't realize this is a BYOB event.... my packing plans have changed. :assassin:
The site of previous SFO's, Russellville, is in a dry county so we did have to pack it in. Since ES is not dry, you can leave room in your packing plan for your deodorant and a spare pair of drawers!

ES is in a wet county. And now you can even buy liquor on Sundays there.

the gal at the hotel said you can buy now on Sundays, which I took to mean in a liquor store, and she said it was a new ordinance. Maybe she didn't mean a liquor store, I dunno. this is one of the reasons why we moved it from Russellville to ES.

I'm going home Sunday and I'm guessing i won't be wanting more alcohol.

Well maybe just one mimosa! ;)

Latest posts